Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was discharged on Sunday afternoon after I asked the Doctor what was wrong with me and she had no clue. I had a severe reaction to the morphine and I am still struggling with weakness due to the morphine.  At least the itchiness dissipated.  Of all the waves of Corona I have been in the hospital, this one was the worst.  There was no WiFi connection at the hospital (Wilgers) so connection to the outside was a issue to a lot of the people around me.  I only had BT earphones that can't connect to the entertainment systems they have for patients.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I had something to eat that stayed down

6 hours ago, Muttley said:

@Cois How you holding up?

Thanks for asking Muttley.  :) I am starting to feel a little human again.  Morphine can screw you up.  I might even try Zwift this weekend.  At least this morning I could get out the car without much drama.  I now know why a automatic car would be great.  If you can't step on the clutch pedal, driving becomes a bit tricky.  

The pain medication combo I was on, is not your friend...   Sucked every ounce of energy out of me.

Received some not so good news.

Just been admitted to hospital again. Went to the GP as I threw up the whole of last night and the last thing I ate was yoghurt on Thursday morning.

so it seems like I have a blockage of my colon.

but they saw a new mass on my kidneys as well. A mass that was not there 3 months ago.

so the idea of the oncologist to halt all treatment signed my death sentence. I have been complaining for more than two months about kidney pain, but it did not receive much attention and was told it was the pain medication that I used.

so I am waiting for Dr Viljoen to swing past me to let me know if we are going to do. If we are going to operate or what action we can take. The pain has been of the charts!

23 minutes ago, Cois said:

Received some not so good news.

Just been admitted to hospital again. Went to the GP as I threw up the whole of last night and the last thing I ate was yoghurt on Thursday morning.

so it seems like I have a blockage of my colon.

but they saw a new mass on my kidneys as well. A mass that was not there 3 months ago.

so the idea of the oncologist to halt all treatment signed my death sentence. I have been complaining for more than two months about kidney pain, but it did not receive much attention and was told it was the pain medication that I used.

so I am waiting for Dr Viljoen to swing past me to let me know if we are going to do. If we are going to operate or what action we can take. The pain has been of the charts!

Ai Cois, not good news but still not insurmountable.
I think Covid has had a profound impact on what they would deem "elective" procedures.
Keep us updated, keep up the fight!!!

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Ai Cois, not good news but still not insurmountable.
I think Covid has had a profound impact on what they would deem "elective" procedures.
Keep us updated, keep up the fight!!!

The surgeon spoke to me. This one is non elective, but can end my life, there is a blockage that needs to clear, if it does not clear by itself, it means surgery. 
I have a CT or MRI on the cards today. They just did the blood tests for contrast. 

So not too excited about that. 

Just saw the surgeon.

i need a test to see what causes the blockage, but I can’t get the test today as planned. If something goes wrong, I can’t be operated till Wednesday.

the other crap news is that I can be here for two weeks (and this is unpaid, because I do not have sick leave left). That is two weeks that I can’t see my wife, where I have to cope with obnoxious people sharing the room that do not take the peace and rest requirements into consideration of the people around them.

Yesterday the one told me to never get old. I will only be happy to make 40 at this stage and this from a 80 year old man.

Yesterday they drained 2L of fluid from my stomach. The pervious day was only 900ml.

7 minutes ago, Cois said:

Just saw the surgeon.

i need a test to see what causes the blockage, but I can’t get the test today as planned. If something goes wrong, I can’t be operated till Wednesday.

the other crap news is that I can be here for two weeks (and this is unpaid, because I do not have sick leave left). That is two weeks that I can’t see my wife, where I have to cope with obnoxious people sharing the room that do not take the peace and rest requirements into consideration of the people around them.

Yesterday the one told me to never get old. I will only be happy to make 40 at this stage and this from a 80 year old man.

Yesterday they drained 2L of fluid from my stomach. The pervious day was only 900ml.

Stay strong and let your light shine brightly in the darkness around you. We're praying for you.

10 minutes ago, Cois said:

Just saw the surgeon.

Keep fighting Francois, you're an absolute Yster!