Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, copperhead said:

How about some earphones and music? Just a thought. Again... I don't think any of us know the real fight you are having at this time. With your own body and the world. To add to this you are in a pandemic which you cannot control. I wish you the best Sir. There are many things I have never understood about life. Your battle is one of them. 

You do not even have to have music playing, just wear them and people will not want to start up a conversation, and if they do just pretend you did not hear them ........... works wonders for me in the office when I need to focus or want to be left alone and not be interrupted :P

I complained to the Sr about the patients. They know that I have not slept since I am here, and under the circumstances I was moved to a private room. 

i have stunning earphones that are in ear models and a pair of on ear models that I use, but the guys were loud enough that the sound was not blocked out. My other earphones with ANC was replaced and arrived at my office this morning. Might ask someone to bring it to the hospital.

the one major thing I am missing is a TdF stream that works. Tried a few but they do not work. And the hospital only has a tennis channel and a boxing channel. But caught a 5 minute segment on a sport news channel last night. 

Does someone not perhaps have some dstv login details that they can share with Cois so that he can log into the dstv app and then stream the TDF? I would offer mine but I already use it on the max number of devices allowed per subscription.

12 minutes ago, jimmycool said:

Does someone not perhaps have some dstv login details that they can share with Cois so that he can log into the dstv app and then stream the TDF? I would offer mine but I already use it on the max number of devices allowed per subscription.

I do...

Lost a mate to COVID this week who was using these details so will gladly share the details with Cois.

@CoisDM incoming ????

10 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I do...

Lost a mate to COVID this week who was using these details so will gladly share the details with Cois.

@CoisDM incoming ????

Thanks will help a lot.

Condolences on the loss of your friend. Spoke to the head nurse. The amount of people not making it, is staggering! Some people will never see their loved once when they leave them at the door… ever again. 
that is what they are dealing with at the moment. So it is not weird to see families in the parking area morning the loss of a loved one that they will never see again

8 hours ago, Muttley said:

@CoisHow you doing?

Sorry was a very bad day today my Friend.

radiology sent my contrast drink around 11h00 and did the scan at 13h00. I just got the results from the doctor. I am not operable. 

Cancer has spread between my innards. I'm his words, there is nothing humanly doable. He will get a second opinion tomorrow, but it sounds like a liquid diet till I can, and then a Picline with IV Fluids to feed me.

I hope that the other surgeon will have another plan, or else I will have to go to Dr Charl van Niekerk again, and during the darn Covid time it is almost impossible to get to the surgeons.

So hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Cois said:

Sorry was a very bad day today my Friend.

radiology sent my contrast drink around 11h00 and did the scan at 13h00. I just got the results from the doctor. I am not operable. 

Cancer has spread between my innards. I'm his words, there is nothing humanly doable. He will get a second opinion tomorrow, but it sounds like a liquid diet till I can, and then a Picline with IV Fluids to feed me.

I hope that the other surgeon will have another plan, or else I will have to go to Dr Charl van Niekerk again, and during the darn Covid time it is almost impossible to get to the surgeons.

So hope for the best.

Don't give in.... try remain positive Cois!

I'm praying that the 2nd opinion will bring some positive and optimistic solutions