Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cois, all I see in this picture is a man who is resilient and who is unwilling to give up. But what strikes me to the point of failing is the amount of Light shining from your eyes. You have a Warrior Spirit residing in you, and He brings me to pause.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Cois I was thinking a LOT about you on Tuesday.

Met up with another e-bike rider in Prince Albert.  Turns out he was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago.  On Tuesday he completed a 5 day circular route.  Starting in Prince Albert, passing through Beaufort West, back via Du Rust and Oudtshoorn.  Back over Swartberg pass to wrap up this journey.

He called himself a "cycling newbie" .... 

Cois I HOPE that soon this may be YOU, back on your bike and out there ....

59 minutes ago, Muttley said:

@Cois How you holding up?

Today was one of the longest days ever.  Filled with chemo therapy, CT Scans and X-rays.  So I am drained to the core.  Ordered some food at Uber for tonight to give the wife a breather as well.  She needs to eat and does not want to eat infront of me.

Found a few answers today.  I have been peeing a weird yellow red brown black color the past week, and no matter what I do, I can't get it lighter.  It is part of my liver failing.  And found out that the constant itch was also from my liver failing.  There is a toxin buildup at the moment.  And that causes the itch and weird color of my pee.

A little win... I was given a green light to use dagga at last for the nausea and vomiting.  So going to have to dig out the dynavap and get some weed.

Momentum approved the radiation therapy for my liver.  That was why I had the CT Scan today.  I am now sporting 3 tattoos.  Was a mission to find an area with no scar tissue in the way for them to use as all the scars are where they wanted to place the markers.

I am still a little tired.  Had about an hours sleep during the treatment, but due to my liver I will still be very tired.  

I and I'm sure most here have absolutely no idea what you're going through but I'm truly hopeful that all the treatment and side effects will be worth it in the long run!

Please thank your Mrs for being an absolute rock star and taking such good care of you!!

Stay strong Cois!

The sad reality has kicked in today.  I will need to use wheelchair.  My uncle had a mobility scooter that he gave away to someone else.  So will have to work a plan to convert my wheelchair to electric. The thought suck ass, but I have to keep busy and work is the only distraction I have at the moment.

The main reason is because I have been getting a weird vibe from the owner of the company I am working for the last week as I am not 100% productive at this stage as I am unable to walk the distances on campus anymore. And at the moment I can't be at home with my own thoughts.  I have to keep busy...

27 minutes ago, Cois said:

The sad reality has kicked in today.  I will need to use wheelchair.  My uncle had a mobility scooter that he gave away to someone else.  So will have to work a plan to convert my wheelchair to electric. The thought suck ass, but I have to keep busy and work is the only distraction I have at the moment.

The main reason is because I have been getting a weird vibe from the owner of the company I am working for the last week as I am not 100% productive at this stage as I am unable to walk the distances on campus anymore. And at the moment I can't be at home with my own thoughts.  I have to keep busy...

I see one can rent mobilty scooters for about R2k/month.  Can we not crowed fund you few months rental?

2 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

I see one can rent mobilty scooters for about R2k/month.  Can we not crowed fund you few months rental?

I am looking more at the conversion, just for one reason.  Ease of use.  I have to get the device from my car.  So weight is a huge issue as I can hardly pick things up at the moment due to weakness.  The wheelchair I can still get out the car.  A mobility scooter is another matter and will have to convert my car to be able to transport the scooter.  My brother might be able to assist if I need to go mobility as he said he will cover the cost.  But again the issue is the size.