Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Cois, I have been following this post and have always been too afraid to comment as there are no right or wrong words.

I can not imagine the pain and suffering you and your family must be going through. This is something that you wouldn't wish on anybody in a million years.

You are in our prayers and I really hope that you continue to fight as hard as it must be.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cois, much the same here, been following, even attempted twice to comment...but cant put in words how I feel.

Lost three family members in 9 months due to c..., looked up them, my look alike always ended a conversation with "maak `n verskil".

Been trying to live my life that way, some days I fail miserable. 

Commend you for the brave fight you are putting up! 

Made a donation, this thread, camaraderie is the Hub I joined many years ago.

Keep strong, keep fighting!!!

Ps. Make sure your life policies and even funeral cover has beneficiaries on. It saves time and cost.

2 hours ago, Cois said:

I am sitting here in tears! Thanks SB. It will help a lot.

????

and thank you to all the Hubbers that helped with Backabuddy. It helps a lot just to be able to pay Momentum to stop their and the rest of the doctors calling and asking for money.

I will never be able to thank everyone for the messages and help both mentally, with prayers and financially. Without the help from you guys I am sure that I would have been dead by now, but you give me a reason to wake up every morning to fight.

My account details are:

FH Marais

ABSA Current Account

Branch 632005

Vasbyt Cois ????

Ons het jou meer nodig, as jy vir ons. JY is 'n inspirasie !

9 hours ago, Slowbee said:

Cois, you might recall that little girl we helped a while ago with a hub fundraiser?

I have not been able to get hold of the family to give them the money. I am sure hubbers will not mind if we send these last bits to you. 

I just ask that you (or another hubber) post your bank details as I cant find them going back on this thread.

SB

I am confident that Nicole (2Bliss - RIP) and Karmi (Bunny) would approve of this gesture. I cannot think of a more worthy cause. Thanks Slowbee.

Francois - I was sitting in hospital this week due to a broken leg and each time I wanted to feel sorry for myself you came up in my thoughts. Ai man, I don't have words for what you're going through and I pray for you, that you will gain strength and courage to endure the fight, for your wife that she will manage to cope despite the braveness she is displaying and that your family will see beyond the temporal and realise what's truly precious and valuable, and cherish that instead.

May Christ comfort you in this dark time. He is never far from you.

Cois, what you're going through is just not normal and I am always amazed at how you manage to push on despite every obstacle that is thrown your way.

I think most of us can relate to the family members who care more about the material things than their actual loved ones- just know you're not the only one who has this k@k!

My Mrs and I made a small donation to your backabuddy campaign - we're rooting all the way for you Cois!

Cois

You are such an inspiration! Thank you!

My mother passed a week ago after her battle with cancer and then covid. It was/is a real difficult time for our family. Through all the tears and heartache, God still brings comfort and good, in the end.

It just made me realise again that our time on earth is very limited (and almost insignificant compared to eternity), and we have to make the best of every moment. I am sure your braveness and fighting spirit has definitely touched many hearts, including mine.

In the end, God decides when our lives will come to an end, so my prayer is that your time here will be used for the good. May your battle with this disease inspire many more and draw many more closer in having a relationship with our creator. In the end, He is in control, so let Him take control.

Baie sterkte, ons bid vir jou en jou vrou!

Cois, I cant give much, but take the tiny little donation from me and use it for a coffee or a milkshake or something to spoil yourself.

Its tempting in times like these to neglect yourself in favour of paying bills, dont feel guilty about using my contribution on yourself.

17 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Just a thought, maybe update the page a bit and increase the "required" amount. 

I guess not everyone donating wil lbe coming via this thread hence the post. 

All the best sir. 

Thanks.  Life is a little hectic and I miss a lot of things that I should have done or started doing and forget to continue to do...  Chemo fog is so real...

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am confident that Nicole (2Bliss - RIP) and Karmi (Bunny) would approve of this gesture. I cannot think of a more worthy cause. Thanks Slowbee.

As one of Nicole's best friends I am more than 100% certain she would've wanted to help Cois. To think, even after her death something she did can still help a fellow hubber.

55 minutes ago, Scary Rider said:

As one of Nicole's best friends I am more than 100% certain she would've wanted to help Cois. To think, even after her death something she did can still help a fellow hubber.

I had many chats with Nicole on the PM side of the forum. She was a real outstanding person, and I count myself fortunate to have been able to get to know her, albeit not in person. She was a special lady, and this would have been dear to her heart. Nicole was a giver, and continues to give after her passing. What a legacy to leave behind.

Last night was a very sad night for me. I prayed about selling my bicycle for a while now, and did not want to let it go, but yesterday I decided to place the advert.

so I advertised for R20000. Within a few minutes Leon from Bike Market sent me an offer for R20800. He was the first person to react on the advert. I told my wife and my folks that I would be lucky to sell the bike within a month, and my prayers were also with the thought that the bike will not sell. 
so a huge thank you to BikeMarket @WeBuyBicycles for the offer and purchase of the bike. And best of all, they are about 800meter from our house. 

so now the homework starts on getting a mobility scooter.  I am just a little careful as one company has a lot of alliances and one phone number. So not sure if they are legit or not. 

Edited by Cois

Francois ons deel jou emosies .... blydskap vir die vinnige verkoop .... tog so hartseer dat die hoofstuk afsluit.

Ons bid dat daar nog hoofstukke met 2 wiele is vir jou, en dat die net n tydelike situasie is. :thumbup: