Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Have not been on BH for quite a while.

I am so very very  sorry to read the latest update and have no words that would adequately express the depth of my wish for you to be  ok.

You are an inspiration in your fight.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Slowbee said:

Cois, when last did you have a holiday?

Are you able to travel around at all ?

The last holiday was before Covid (September 2019). We went to the Cape to my uncle. Since then we have not had a vacation.

We are planning a break for later this year. Told Reinet this morning that it will be unpaid but I do not care.

I have missed out on so much. I don’t care anymore. Money is not everything. Createk can retrench me as I have been told that it is on the cards for me. I don’t care anymore.

The last moments here are not worth being spent unhappy, tired and alone in an office.  I want to spend my last days with people that I love and care for.

I will just double check with the surgeon if I can travel. But plans are for later in November

Edited by Cois

1 hour ago, Slowbee said:

Where do you want to travel to ? I mean what sort of places you want to go ?

Lets put this out there and lets see where it goes.

I am in for a few rands. I pledge R500 towards giving Cois and Reinette some time away together. Who else matches this? We all stepped up for Karmi and 2Bliss, now its Francois' who needs our help.

9 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am in for a few rands. I pledge R500 towards giving Cois and Reinette some time away together. Who else matches this? We all stepped up for Karmi and 2Bliss, now its Francois' who needs our help.

It would be my absolute pleasure to match this

20 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Absolutely!

51 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'll match as well.

I have dream vacation points that just get wasted each year..

go to www.dreamvacs.com ., check if there anywhere you would like.. the midweek rates is 1/4 of the full week points.   I have about 4000 points. , should cover most of the places for midweek brake.

So if you can find somehwere you would like to go. let me know. i'll book it.. 

Our go to spot is avalon springs.. but don't go there on weekends ????

Edited by Karman de Lange

current confirmed pledges are at R4000.00 R5000 (after Koos Likkewaan) and 4000 vacation points from Karman de Lange.

This has me excited as I haven't been in a good while. One forgets how good it is to help others in need.

Keep the pledges coming folks. Lets get Cois some good memories for a change.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
edit - update pledge total