Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cois said:

Thanks everyone.

Sorry for the late reply, has been a tough day.

Again I am humbled by the help I receive from people that I have never met. I have met some of the numbers but I am in awe.

Reinet said we can open an Investec account that she can manage.

We have had a bit of problems with the payments from Backabuddy and they ask quite a fee to manage the funds (think like 10% or something of all funds)on all funds.

So if it is okay, Reinet can open an account with Investec rather than Backabuddy for the holiday Funds.

We have a place in Robertson where we can go and stay (Roam Rooiberg - https://www.roamrooiberg.co.za/) so that is sorted. 

And thanks again for everyone that are willing to help pay for us to get away and out of the current circumstances.

You had me and Reinet in tears for a long time tonight. Wish there was something we could do to say thanks to everyone. We are humbled by you all!

Cois, you have me in tears my friend. I wish I could meet you in person, but with my broken leg that's not on the cards. I pray you and Reinet get to spend this time together to cherish one another and just, even if for a moment, cast aside your troubles. You two deserve nothing less. 

Okay.

Account has been opened

Account Holder: Mr Francois Hugo Marais

Bank: Investec Bank Limited 100 Grayston Drive, 

Branch code: Sandton 580105

Client account number 50017804320

Type of account Savings

1 hour ago, 6th Mass Extinction said:

Absolutely! Not to be used at all to repay any existing creditors. It must be spent totally frivolously, and I certainly hope with enough donations, some extravagance as well!

To be honest. To sit on the stoep at Roam Rooiberg, and the drink in the beauty of the mountains are more enough.

And with oom Jacques and tannie Tertia there (they are more parents to me than my mom and dad) is all we need at this stage. Oom Jacques is such an amazing person and a great cyclist that just being around him is an experience in itself. And it is an honor to say that he is family and he cares.

7 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

@Slowbee - are you still managing the fund? Do we start a new one, or do we deposit into the Back a Buddy account?

Robbie, the hubs resident long tour photo poster, copperhead, is coming up with a plan.

And I cannot believe you peeps saw through the my questions and thinking like well .... it was obvious.

9 hours ago, Cois said:

Okay.

Account has been opened

Type of account Savings

✔️✈️⛰️????????????

11 hours ago, Cois said:

You had me and Reinet in tears for a long time tonight. Wish there was something we could do to say thanks to everyone. We are humbled by you all!

The last few pages have me fighting back the emotions too.

Cois, keep your spirits up for as long as possible, you and Reinet go enjoy a peaceful time away with each other. That is all the thanks we need.

11 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Guys,

I have had a chat to Cois. 

I have entered The Munga this year and would like to ride it as a fund raiser for Cois.

I see some of you have already pledged to a holiday fund . Respect to you all.

Will our fellow hubbers be willing to donate to a fund on a per kilometer ridden basis?

It can be as much as you can afford.

A special request from Cois, is that (and this is the harsh reality of his situation) if he doesn't make it to that time, the funds be donated to a person who is fighting the same battle that he is fighting now.

I am willing to try to do the ride, if someone would handle the admin as I dont have a clue how to run a fund raiser and if hubbers will once again open their hearts and wallets to a fellow hubber in need. We can do this.

Fanks

I am in for R1/km completed on condition that we get a full ride report afterwards.????

10 hours ago, Cois said:

Okay.

Account has been opened

Type of account Savings

Also done. Glad to be able to offer something small. May you be surrounded by loving kindness. 

10 hours ago, Cois said:

Okay.

Account has been opened

Type of account Savings

My small bit done.  May you find some peace.  You are incredible.

Payment made.

May you be led by green pastures, and find rest by calm waters. Despite walking through the valley of the shadow of death you do not need to fear any evil, for your Shepherd is beside you. He will protect you with His rod and His staff, and He will prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies.