Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

12 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Guys,

I have had a chat to Cois. 

I have entered The Munga this year and would like to ride it as a fund raiser for Cois.

I see some of you have already pledged to a holiday fund . Respect to you all.

Will our fellow hubbers be willing to donate to a fund on a per kilometer ridden basis?

It can be as much as you can afford.

A special request from Cois, is that (and this is the harsh reality of his situation) if he doesn't make it to that time, the funds be donated to a person who is fighting the same battle that he is fighting now.

I am willing to try to do the ride, if someone would handle the admin as I dont have a clue how to run a fund raiser and if hubbers will once again open their hearts and wallets to a fellow hubber in need. We can do this.

Fanks

Vetseun

I am in for R1 per kilometer.

And a supper/lunch/beer stop at Britstown Hotel for you if it is allowed in the rules?

Trap hom!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

✔️✈️⛰️????????????

Doctor cleared my to fly as well. Just not this week, but next month will be fine.

Had an operation done in bed this morning to place a CVP line.

The CVP line is used for feeding. So have a huge bag of nutrients being fed into my system.

The CVP was placed while I was awake so it is a bit sore and stiff. But the surgeon said I am a trooper so he skipped on the Midazolam or Dormnicum so I felt the “port” being inserted. The worst was the stitches. You can feel the tugging and pulling, but doctor did over a thousand CVP’s this year, so I know that I am in the greatest hands I could wish for.

I can feel the nutrients being absorbed by my system, and just the flow of energy reaching my malnourished cells is remarkable. I can feel a change and this after just two hours of feeding.

Does anyone know how to get hold of Guy in Pink ? Does his Mrs not run a guest house up that part of the world ?

Common guys, I know one of you must have a contact somewhere!

23 minutes ago, Slowbee said:

Does anyone know how to get hold of Guy in Pink ? Does his Mrs not run a guest house up that part of the world ?

Common guys, I know one of you must have a contact somewhere!

Nothing on Dreamvacs.com? i see many lodges in mpumalanga ?  sorry, i'm not very well informated where what is in that part of the world.

6 hours ago, Slowbee said:

Can we not send Cois and his family to kruger for a week ?

Does anyone have contacts or something?

At the moment my folks are on Holiday near Durban. And as kind as the gesture is, our relationship with my folks are under strain, and as much as I love my mother and father I would never again visit the Kruger with them. Or to be honest go on vacation with them. 
the relationship between Reinet and my folks are at a very bad place as my parents does not respect Reinet. They have caused a lot of damage the last few weeks with a blatant show of disrespect towards Reinet. And it got worst when I asked them to show her respect. And they decide what is “best” for us and not the other way around.

23 hours ago, OBR said:

Cois hopefully the surgeon will give you the all clear to fly,  R 2000.00 towards the flights and R 500.00 for you and Reinet to have a dinner out when you away , once you know please send banking details 

You are truly an inspiration !!!!

R2000 from my side for flights - I think R4000 should cut it (incl possible transfer fees for Cois's new beach buggy ???? ). @ Cois I live in Pretoria, let me know if you and Reinet will need a lift to the airport, I would love to buy you guys a coffee on the way!

Thanks to each and everyone for the vacation fund. And sorry for being quiet today, but was a day that was filled with 8/10 to 10/10 of pain.

It was the first time since my stay that I requested pain medication. The CVP has a dull constant pain associated with it that will last a week. But has severe abdominal pain.

Currently, I am still vomiting all the food up that I eat. The only difference is the severe pain associated with eating caused by the tumour.

The stoma nurse also saw me today. We have been walking this path together since I was diagnosed. Reinet for the first time saw the full extent of the size of the tumour as Sr Thandi felt the tumour. Her eyes welled up with tears as she felt the inevitable event that will take place.

She also again reiterated what we always agree upon. I have to keep on fighting this thing. And the reason I am still fighting stood next to me and took my hand in her hand. Her blue eyes welled up with tears and we could not hold back.

1 hour ago, Karooryder said:

R2000 from my side for flights - I think R4000 should cut it (incl possible transfer fees for Cois's new beach buggy ???? ). @ Cois I live in Pretoria, let me know if you and Reinet will need a lift to the airport, I would love to buy you guys a coffee on the way!

I think we need to buy you a coffee. It is the least we can do... I must just get out of the hospitals ????

I just wondered. Is there anyone that can make a Bikehub sticker? Maybe with the words funded by the community of Bikehub?

That said if Admin (Matt) will allow it. Because you guys and girls are legends!

3 hours ago, Cois said:

At the moment my folks are on Holiday near Durban. And as kind as the gesture is, our relationship with my folks are under strain, and as much as I love my mother and father I would never again visit the Kruger with them. Or to be honest go on vacation with them. 
the relationship between Reinet and my folks are at a very bad place as my parents does not respect Reinet. They have caused a lot of damage the last few weeks with a blatant show of disrespect towards Reinet. And it got worst when I asked them to show her respect. And they decide what is “best” for us and not the other way around.

I don't want to take sides as you know the situation on the ground, but I'm fairly confident your parents are acting out of a mode of self-defence and possible envy that Reinet is getting the time with you they wish they could. I've been having in-law issues this year and kind of understand.

Be patient with them but steer clear of saying anything you'd regret later.

I learnt that the hard way this year...they still love you. They are just scared.

****, I don’t know what to say here.  I’d love to make a donation, and have been doing so through backabuddy so far, but if they are charging you to access funds, then I am reluctant to do so further through them and it’s a pain for you if I send money from here to your sa bank account. I wonder if you would be kind enough to let me cover the cost of one of you to fly to the cape and back. If you would pm me details, I can either pay the airline directly via visa or can give you my card details to make the payment.  Alternatively, if you’re happy to do the paperwork, I can transfer from here to you and cover the cost that way. 

My (unmet) friend. Every day I think of you so many times. I hug my wife and my children harder and count my blessings. Your journey and story have made me approach so much differently and, when I get stressed, I sometimes reflect on your story and have a word with myself. 

Thank you for sharing your journey. You are facing that thing we fear the most; with humour, with courage, with persistence, with a focus on your wife, and with a humility that is incredible. I don’t pretend to know how you’re feeling but hope that, if I ever get the news that you have got, I can face it with similar courage. You are an example to me and I thank you for that.