Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Muttley said:

@CoisJust wanted to wish you and the Mrs an awesome trip and safe travels ????

Hoping that this trip gives you guys all the energy and strength that you need to kick the cancers butt!

Thanks Muttley.  

I can feel now that I need this break,  The skeleton that stared back to me in the mirror of the bathroom scared the crap out of me a few minutes ago.  

Just getting out will help a lot.  I just need to get the ability to eat back.  I can't eat anything and keep it down at this stage.  So that is a bit of a worry at the moment.  I can't remember when last I had a proper meal.  And I can feel the weakness creeping up ever so slowly and starting to suck every ounce of energy out of me.

@Cois Ek bid dat hierdie tyd vir jou en Reinet kosbaar sal wees en dat julle sal ervaar hoe die HERE julle seën en behoed. Hoe Hy Sy heerlikheid oor julle laat skyn en julle genadig sal wees en dat Hy Sy aangesig oor julle verhef en vir julle Sy vrede gee.

Mag jy en Reinet mekaar weer vind en mag dit wat ewige waarde het vir julle te vinde wees.

Rus lekker by jou oom en tannie en moenie voel dat julle enige verantwoordelikheid teenoor ons het nie.

Al wat nou saak maak is dat julle kan uitspan en ontspan. Sterkte en veilig reis.

Checked in at ORT.

glad I have the mobility Scooter as I would not be able to have walked in. Forgot how huge this place is.

Just a huge shoutout again to everyone who made this vacation possible for us. Reinet is in a serious need for a break and this could not have come at a better time.

4 hours ago, Cois said:

Checked in at ORT.

glad I have the mobility Scooter as I would not be able to have walked in. Forgot how huge this place is.

Just a huge shoutout again to everyone who made this vacation possible for us. Reinet is in a serious need for a break and this could not have come at a better time.

Gaan geniet dit! Ons sal rustig wag vir julle "race report".

Made it to Cape Town.

flight went well. It just took a lot out of me. The staff of Lift was super helpful and accommodating. We were first to board the craft and the last to get alight.  At CPT they had an elevator that took me to where we needed to go. Everyone was super helpful and at no stage did I feel like a burden on anyone. Even the car valet was super helpful at ORT. 

Only problem is that I am super nauseous and vomited twice. On out way from the airport to Roberson and just after lunch. So that is a bit of a worry. The flight was rough as well with a lot of turbulence so had to keep their paper bag close at hand the whole time.

But we are safe here. And just the change of scenery is awesome.

1 hour ago, Cois said:

Made it to Cape Town.

flight went well. It just took a lot out of me. The staff of Lift was super helpful and accommodating. We were first to board the craft and the last to get alight.  At CPT they had an elevator that took me to where we needed to go. Everyone was super helpful and at no stage did I feel like a burden on anyone. Even the car valet was super helpful at ORT. 

Only problem is that I am super nauseous and vomited twice. On out way from the airport to Roberson and just after lunch. So that is a bit of a worry. The flight was rough as well with a lot of turbulence so had to keep their paper bag close at hand the whole time.

But we are safe here. And just the change of scenery is awesome.

Awesome. A change is as good as a holiday. This ticks both boxes!

Today we ventured out in the direction of Robertson.

We had a stunning lunch at Bon Courage wine estate and the a quick stop at Springfield Wine estate to get a bottle of wine for Grant at Createk as a thanks for giving me a chance when no one else did.

the weather has been a bit chilly the last few days, but we have been resting much more than at home.

We have been snapping a few bird picks and a few of the local mice family living in-front of our room. So we are very blessed.

On Wednesday i have to visit a doctor in town to remove my stitches. And must say I can’t wait to get rid of these stitches.

2 hours ago, Cois said:

Today we ventured out in the direction of Robertson.

We had a stunning lunch at Bon Courage wine estate and the a quick stop at Springfield Wine estate to get a bottle of wine for Grant at Createk as a thanks for giving me a chance when no one else did.

the weather has been a bit chilly the last few days, but we have been resting much more than at home.

We have been snapping a few bird picks and a few of the local mice family living in-front of our room. So we are very blessed.

On Wednesday i have to visit a doctor in town to remove my stitches. And must say I can’t wait to get rid of these stitches.

Awesome to hear you are having such a great time. Grant will be very happy with the wine. Springfield is good.