Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/13/2021 at 8:25 AM, copperhead said:

How are you doing Sir? I am in Tulbagh and wow what fantastic weather. I hope you are both getting in some valuable down time. Greetings to your uncle and aunt for their part in all this. Happy Saturday Cois. 

Was doing okayish.  Landed on Saturday Afternoon in JHB.  Got very sick on the flight and vomited a few times during and after the flight..  Miss the calmness of the Cape.  Got seriously lost on Johannesburg Airport.  Got separated with my wife and saw that she could not cope in situations like that.  Spent almost two hours attempting to get to my car. At least the valet agency understood.  But having to move with a mobility device at ORT, is a mission.  Half of the elevators does not work and the staff is not as helpful as they are at Cape town.

The week took a bit out of me.  I lost 3 kg's last week.  Standing on 52.5 kg at the moment.  Ended up in the surgery of a doctor yesterday with severe dehydration.  Doctor said I will have to stop eating as there is a severe abdominal blockage.  So I am very weak and bit out of it.  

The last days I have spent in bed attempting to recover a bit of my strength.  

Momentum approved my TPN feeding, so I will be able to get the needed nutrition in my body soon.  Just need to sort out the logistics and doctors room to get the process going.

Was hit by a serious curveball yesterday.  So Momentum approved the TPN feeding that I need.  But no one told me about the equipment needed for the TPN.  It seems like there is a pump needed and lines and all things that we were not told about.  It might actually be cheaper to go into hospital to get the TPN infused.  

We are now working with the dietician to see if we can find a solution, but at this stage I am loosing a huge amount of weight that I can't afford at this stage.  The morning the scale said my weight was 51.7kg's, down from 52.5kg's on Monday.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:59 AM, Cois said:

Was hit by a serious curveball yesterday.  So Momentum approved the TPN feeding that I need.  But no one told me about the equipment needed for the TPN.  It seems like there is a pump needed and lines and all things that we were not told about.  It might actually be cheaper to go into hospital to get the TPN infused.  

We are now working with the dietician to see if we can find a solution, but at this stage I am loosing a huge amount of weight that I can't afford at this stage.  The morning the scale said my weight was 51.7kg's, down from 52.5kg's on Monday.

Hope things going okay with you Francois? Don't feel obliged to post, but just know you're in our thoughts 

Sorry for the late reply.

I have been admitted to Kloof Hospital last night.

I was losing the fight against malnutrition and dehydration. And in a bad way as well.

I have been compared to an Auschwitz prisoner even though I could not keep anything down for 3 weeks.

Now we have time to sort out the feedings and all the things needed with the TPN. 

Feeling very tired and weak. Been sleeping most of today. And will be on new pain medication as well. The 20mg of Morphine seems to do the job, but just

4 minutes ago, Cois said:

Sorry for the late reply.

I have been admitted to Kloof Hospital last night.

I was losing the fight against malnutrition and dehydration. And in a bad way as well.

I have been compared to an Auschwitz prisoner even though I could not keep anything down for 3 weeks.

Now we have time to sort out the feedings and all the things needed with the TPN. 

Feeling very tired and weak. Been sleeping most of today. And will be on new pain medication as well. The 20mg of Morphine seems to do the job, but just

Voorspoed....Cois...