Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

Worth it imo. Not pleasant, a little expensive but I found it quite reassuring.  Women it's mammograms and yearly pap smears

If done in the doctor’s room, the medical aid would most likely cover it. Obviously it depends on the cover, but mine is covered for someone on a plan that is network-specific.

The doc putting me to sleep might not be covered fully. I need to ask.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

If done in the doctor’s room, the medical aid would most likely cover it. Obviously it depends on the cover, but mine is covered for someone on a plan that is network-specific.

The doc putting me to sleep might not be covered fully. I need to ask.

I didn't expect my disco coastal core to help at all but they paid for it using some checkup benefit offered with surplus funds after pandemic which was a bonus. I wasn't given a general anaesthetic but the doc did say he likes to use a heavy hand with the tranqs. Apparently my colon is a healthy well perfused pink which I would never have said given what happens in a porta potty after a cortado waiting for some race to start.

Maybe you can ask him to pour you a double when administering the cocktail

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

I didn't expect my disco coastal core to help at all but they paid for it using some checkup benefit offered with surplus funds after pandemic which was a bonus. I wasn't given a general anaesthetic but the doc did say he likes to use a heavy hand with the tranqs. Apparently my colon is a healthy well perfused pink which I would never have said given what happens in a porta potty after a cortado waiting for some race to start.

Maybe you can ask him to pour you a double when administering the cocktail

MOST medical aids now have some or other incentive program to get members to go for "Early screening".

I had my scare last year 1 Sept. Went to have a saddle sort treated at day hospital while training for knysna xtreme.doc decided to do some bloodwork as 2 previous sets of antibiotics and lancing did not sort it out.long story short was operated on 11 september.cancer in transverse colon and lung. chemo and everything that goes with it.had my 4th set of ops 15 march and still feel like a dog most days.on good days i try to go for a swim or ride my idt.walking my dog is the nearest i get to running.i look like frankenstein from all the op scars when i take my shirt off.i take it day by day.

i had zero symptoms prior to 1 sept and am a healthy 56 years old with no family history of cancer.my advice to everyone is to have yourself checked.

32 minutes ago, reteid said:

I had my scare last year 1 Sept. Went to have a saddle sort treated at day hospital while training for knysna xtreme.doc decided to do some bloodwork as 2 previous sets of antibiotics and lancing did not sort it out.long story short was operated on 11 september.cancer in transverse colon and lung. chemo and everything that goes with it.had my 4th set of ops 15 march and still feel like a dog most days.on good days i try to go for a swim or ride my idt.walking my dog is the nearest i get to running.i look like frankenstein from all the op scars when i take my shirt off.i take it day by day.

i had zero symptoms prior to 1 sept and am a healthy 56 years old with no family history of cancer.my advice to everyone is to have yourself checked.

Wow. Every strength on the journey! Day by day!

59 minutes ago, reteid said:

BEST wishes :thumbup:

On 4/17/2024 at 3:08 PM, Mamil said:

Yup. If you 40 have a full cardiac workup. At 50 a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. Annual PSA and digital prostate exams. Next on my list is the dermatologist. 

Cardiac is important even if you think you are fit and strong like I did. I was shocked to find out that I have a 5cm root Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. Diagnosed by shear chance.

3 hours ago, reteid said:

Wishing you strength and full recovery!