Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Made a purchase today that I hope I will not need to use soon... (but I needed it last month)

Got a 2nd hand wheelchair. I really hope I will not need a wheelchair, but I needed a wheelchair twice in the past year.

It is not the best chair on the market (Saturn Hercules) but I do follow the old boyscout saying of be prepared!

So may I never need the wheelchair. But at least if I loose all the skin on my feet again, I will be able to move at least.

Edited by Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

They asked that I bring the Scott to the shop for them to make sure it will work with the trainer.

I am a bit sceptical about the gear ratio, but I have no idea how my body will react to being on the bike again, so I might dwell in the easier gears.

Cois dont stress about the gears, ie your body turning over the crank.  (by all means let the shop check for compatibility of the derailure etc)

Once in Zwift, you CAN reduce the power level setting to 50 or even lower, as your body might need at this stage.  It is possible to sit and turn over the cranks at minimal effort, if that is all your body is capable of on that day ... as you recover, dial up the power setting in the setup window  :thumbup:

A huge thank you to @Muttley for the help in the purchase of the trainer.  And Mr Muttley is a huge inspiration for me and someone of note to follow on Zwift.  Oh and well done on over 9000 km logged on Zwift Sir :)  Reinet is really impressed.

A huge thank you to @Muttley for the help in the purchase of the trainer.  And Mr Muttley is a huge inspiration for me and someone of note to follow on Zwift.  Oh and well done on over 9000 km logged on Zwift Sir :)  Reinet is really impressed.

It's my absolute pleasure... looking forward to hitting the roads of Watopia with you :clap:

The k's logged on Zwift are mainly due to me being a Type 1 Diabetic and averaging 2 concussions per year - hence the Mrs won't let me ride outdoors till I'm vaccinated :wacko:

But thanks anyway!

Trainer collected.  Little on the heavy side, but will be able to manage.  Can't wait till the end of today... I wanna go and ride!!!

So happy to see the positivity!

Will send you a DM now with my number in case you need any assistance in getting everything up n running on Zwift

Shots fired: What's the duration over which the 9000km was achieved? 

I could only do 5km tonight. Started feeling very nauseous and dizzy. Guess my body will take some time to get with the program.

38b5688d440cc27b5fe7fbd8c07793dc.jpg

d1f760dced98bd5a93a2a34d09153060.jpg

Thank you to every one for the support over the past two years. Some days have been bloody bad, but I have a mission and I can’t let everyone on Bikehub down! I have to win this!

I could only do 5km tonight. Started feeling very nauseous and dizzy. Guess my body will take some time to get with the program.

38b5688d440cc27b5fe7fbd8c07793dc.jpg

d1f760dced98bd5a93a2a34d09153060.jpg

Thank you to every one for the support over the past two years. Some days have been bloody bad, but I have a mission and I can’t let everyone on Bikehub down! I have to win this!

Mate, after all the struggles you’ve battled through and shared on this thread, this pic made a lump in my throat. Enjoy every minute.