• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2021 at 4:12 PM, BigDL said:

Hi Francois,

How's it going china?

Thanks for asking BigDL, and sorry for the late reply.

this was a week from hell. Constant vomiting and nausea. And spent two hours on 3 IV’s replacing fluids and feeding me meds. Spent Wednesday night on the bathroom floor in-front of the toilet. At least Grant at our offices understands what I am going through.

today I was very shocked to hear that my chemo buddy passed away this afternoon. He lost his almost 3 year year battle with this bastard of a disease. But again he gave up few months ago and started thinking the doctors was out to kill him.

so a rather crap week for me.

Edited by Cois

Currently receiving chemo.

Will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow afternoon for intravenous feeding. The downward spiral of my weight loss became a worry for the oncologist.

So will spend the weekend in the hospital (Wilgers hospital)

Just have to get a Covid test again...

1 hour ago, Cois said:

Currently receiving chemo.

Will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow afternoon for intravenous feeding. The downward spiral of my weight loss became a worry for the oncologist.

So will spend the weekend in the hospital (Wilgers hospital)

Just have to get a Covid test again...

So sorry Cois. Hopefully the time in hospital will be the best thing to get you back on track. 

Being moved to the oncology ward from the cardio ward.

And will receive my first ever blood transfusion of two units of O+

My blood count took a huge plunge since Thursday. So the doctor said I need a transfusion.

Will explain why I passed out on campus yesterday.

One unit in. Doing fine so far. They are just running nausea meds, then starting the second unit of blood.

can feel energy returning to my body, that I have not known for more tan r months. Enev my heart rate dropped by 10 bpm. And my bloodpressure is lower as well.

Update: even though I have not slept an hour last night I feel much better. I am no longer a weird green colour. More of a pink hue. I am no longer lightheaded when I have to move so it is scary what two units of blood does.

The transfusions were done by 02h30 this morning.

Edited by Cois

For the people who have not met me yet. This is a photo of me…

the worst thing I found with weight loss… your arse bones hurts when you sit on hard surfaces.

The pain patch that I use was increased to 20mg from 10mg. Made a stupid mistake and had a few pieces of fruit for breakfast. Have a rather uncomfortable pain due to gas. But hope that will pass.

had a few piecces of steak last night with some fries (6). At least that stayed in.

Was caught yesterday with a bit of exhaustion. The heat caught me out while walking on campus. The only worry is that I will need a wheelchair that is motorized. The weakness is an issue. And walking great distances is a problem. I had to take 3 breaks on the 1.6km trip on campus yesterday.

B9C187F7-A2A1-46CA-8E1C-FDB80873D274.jpeg