Pinarello Dogma sighted at Cash Converters City View Centre Durban

Nikolais

While I was in Cash Converters in City View Centre Durban I noticed a diamond in the rough.... A candy red Pinarello Dogma. It was priced quite high... not the usual couple of grand they put on bike.... and I don't want to say how much as I don't want people to take a chance and snap it up if it is a dodgy deal.... And just so you know, if you do try snap it up and it does turn out to be stolen... paper trails can't be erased and the property WILL be taken from you with no remuneration...

It is not my place to say it is stolen or not, but this calibre of bike in such a commercial store in a somewhat sub standard part of town is questionable to say the least.

So if you know of anyone that has had one stolen, or have any other info then take it on....

post-16663-0-78442700-1543408104_thumb.jpg

looks old and well used (old groupset)

may well be legit if you ask we, seeing as the price is high as per OP

Components / wheels tell me it might be a Chinarello :ph34r:

Unfortunately I am mountainbike scum so I know very little about road bikes.... So it could be...

But someone could also have tried to swap components to try and prevent the bike from being identified?

Even for a Chinarello, it's got old and really entry level components. Does not fit in with the look of the frame at all.

Red lights flashing all over this one.

While I was in Cash Converters in City View Centre Durban I noticed a diamond in the rough.... A candy red Pinarello Dogma. It was priced quite high... not the usual couple of grand they put on bike.... and I don't want to say how much as I don't want people to take a chance and snap it up if it is a dodgy deal.... And just so you know, if you do try snap it up and it does turn out to be stolen... paper trails can't be erased and the property WILL be taken from you with no remuneration...

It is not my place to say it is stolen or not, but this calibre of bike in such a commercial store in a somewhat sub standard part of town is questionable to say the least.

So if you know of anyone that has had one stolen, or have any other info then take it on....

What they wanting for it?

Unfortunately I am mountainbike scum so I know very little about road bikes.... So it could be...

But someone could also have tried to swap components to try and prevent the bike from being identified?

That'll make most cyclists more suspicious.You'd expect to find a real Pina with at least Ultegra level parts.

Edited by gummibear

Very likely a fake OP. Northcliff Cycles had a slightly older chinarello for sale that seemed truly authentic, even with a decent 10 speed dura ace groupset, but they were upfront about it and said the unreal price is because it isn't authentic. So unless you paid around R40k or above and have a serial number, I'd bet big bucks that you have a fake.
As long as it isn't stolen property that was sold off, a bike is a bike, [let whoever buys it] go ride it and enjoy it as much as possible!

Like mentioned though, that groupset isn't very highly specced and the pedals are trash and out of place. Rebuild it to be safe and enjoy it nonetheless!

edit: misunderstood that OP bought, it. fixed my post to suit.

Edited by Dirkitech

Where did you get the photo from?

Very likely a fake OP. Northcliff Cycles had a slightly older chinarello for sale that seemed truly authentic, even with a decent 10 speed dura ace groupset, but they were upfront about it and said the unreal price is because it isn't authentic. So unless you paid around R40k or above and have a serial number, I'd bet big bucks that you have a fake.

As long as it isn't stolen property that was sold off, a bike is a bike, go ride it and enjoy it as much as possible!

Like mentioned though, that groupset isn't very highly specced and the pedals are trash and out of place. Rebuild it to be safe and enjoy it nonetheless!

Uhmm

read the post he never bought it and doesn't want to buy it

so he cant rebuild or enjoy it

Uhmm

read the post he never bought it and doesn't want to buy it

so he cant rebuild or enjoy it

ah, misunderstood.

will fix it for clarity!

edit: changed the unnecessary tone - sorry Rory.

Edited by Dirkitech