Pinarello Dogma sighted at Cash Converters City View Centre Durban

Nikolais

Where did you get the photo from?

he was in the shop

he took the picture

That looks like a study or office though, not a generic well fitted shop, hence the question as I understand it. I also had to look twice and in zoomed in detail - not the cash crusaders I'm used to!

Edited by Dirkitech

That looks like a study or office though, not a generic well fitted shop, hence the question as I understand it. I also had to look twice and in zoomed in detail - not the cash crusaders I'm used to!

Yeah, they were busy moving stuff around the store so it was a bit messy and this was in a corner.

Good on you Nikolais  :clap:  the next one might be a fellow Hubbers pride and joy...

I do agree...looks like a Chinarello and very low spec and well used components.

Would be interesting to know what CC paid for this ride...

What was the price tag please???? 

Thanks everyone for the input... general consencus is that it is a Knock-Off or Chinarello (which I love by the way).... Just doing my part as a fellow cyclist though!

Looks like a round seatpost, although I could be mistaken, the camera angle is not that clear.

The Dogma never had a round seatpost, but the earlier fakes did. I think that is a fake.

You'll be surprised about the stuff people take into cash converters/crusaders. remember they do pawn as-well. I was in a store one day surveying the space for construction purposes and the amount of what you consider to be 'normal' people pawning things for quick cash which they then come and settle to get their item back at month end is huge. there were even people that seemed to be regulars, pawning the same item as previous months as far as i could determine.  Your bike or camera or whatever essentially becomes a credit card since they offer you a secure loan with your property as the collateral.

It is BIG business in SA because most SA'ns are just plain **** at saving and money. They also very rarely take things if you cant prove it is yours...fotos, slips etc etc. yes obviously they do sometimes end up with stuff they shouldn't have but i guess a creative thief is well...creative.

Heard a story through the grapevine that the guy who started one of the two big ones was bored and wanted to sell the business and just put whatever price on it....the 'Whales' were literally kicking in his doors with cheques and offers to buy it from him...and he then realised he was sitting on a goldmine....and subsequently kept it.

And don't be fooled by the mostly old junk you see on the floor, those are the old things we have all sold there for whatever beer money they decided to give us. All the good **** is in the back where you cant see it. It only makes it to the floor if said person defaulted on the loan and they decide to sell it on the floor.

so my point being...that MIGHT (or not) well be a legit, non stolen bike that was put up as collateral by someone for a quick loan....and they never came back for it...easy as that

Edited by morneS555