Maxxis Ardent Tyre Bubble

PHT

Is anyone else having problems with the tyre delaminating and forming a bubble? I've had two in a row after only half the life of the tyre. A friend had the same problem with his Maxxi tyre. There is no puncture at the spots. I have been using Stans No Tube Sealant.

I had a Maxxis Crossmark that also developed a bubble but the tyre was 2years old and should have been replaced 3 months ago,

Do you transport your bike behind your vehicle? Check that it is not your exhaust heating and warping your tyre...

Ive been riding Maxxis Tyres the last 5 years. Never had a puncture or any trouble whatsoever...

If your sealant contains Amoniac it might b the problem.  Maxxis states on their tyres that you should not use a amoniac based sealant.

I know Maxxis does not reccommend using amonia based sealants like Stans. Delamination of Maxxis tyres with Stand used to be an issue, but as far as I know it's not anymore. I have been using Maxxis tyres (incl. Ardent) for a couple of years with Stans and have not had an issue yet.

But.. now that I think of it both of the tyres on an ooold epic (2006? year model) with Maxxis tyres of yesteryear delaminated with Stans.

I know Maxxis does not reccommend using amonia based sealants like Stans. Delamination of Maxxis tyres with Stand used to be an issue, but as far as I know it's not anymore. I have been using Maxxis tyres (incl. Ardent) for a couple of years with Stans and have not had an issue yet.

But.. now that I think of it both of the tyres on an ooold epic (2006? year model) with Maxxis tyres of yesteryear delaminated with Stans.

100%

I had a pair of Saguaro tyres, brand new, maybe 2 weeks old and a bubble emerged and on my next ride just popped open with no chance of plugging that hole.

I returned it to CWC who exchanged the tyre for me, but warned that tyre manufacturers don't recommend Amoniac based sealant like Stans.

Bubble and delaminating happened with a Swalbe nobby nic .Also using stans .The tyre was warranted after two years of use 

not gonna lie...I read the title to this thread as in the 'Ardent tyre' - bubble, as in all hype and no substance haha

• 2 weeks later...

I've been through 3 sets of Maxxis and it only ever happened on one tyre so I'm ok to live with that percentage. A while back the guys at CWC said Stans shouldnt be a problem. I ended up buying a set of Saguaro's, only because according the CWC they will swop it out immediately if the tyre fails in a similar way, whereas with the Maxxis they are obliged to send it away and then Maxxis will replace the tyre, so i went for the convenience. I wont make that mistake again, for me the Ardent has much more grip. My bike felt loose with the Saguaro's - but maybe that's just me...

I had the exact issue on 2x Ardent 27.5x2.4 EXO tyres and both came from the same store. I would suggest taking a video of how the tyre turns so you can see the wobble/bubble and take it and the tyre along to the store you purchased it at and see if they can warranty it for you. 

I had both mine refunded and now run DHF front and Agressor rear and no hassles at all. May be a batch issue. 

The Stans will not cause this but you never know how sticky the supplier will be. I would suggest using the Ryder sealant that has the little particles in them. It's the exact same sealant and Sportsmans Warehouse sells only the label is different and it works way better than Stans with zero ammonia.