[Event] Eroica South Africa & NOVA Eroica

Stan Engelbrecht

I know there were some amazing bikes competing in the concourse, but my favourite was a great locally made Peugeot restored to perfection by a father and son team together with Jared Mahaffey of the Bicycle Maintenance Company.

The bike was painted by Jared who did a fantastic job, but also managed to put a whole lot of very personal touches on it while keeping the 1980s look.At first glance all you see is a classic steel bike, but when you look closer, you notice the name of the young owner weaved seamlessly into the design. 

Jack, I hope you will have many a safe and fantastic ride on this bike.

post-17716-0-63073000-1552890268_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-49106100-1552890285_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it serves no purpose to have just one favourite, does it?

I also loved this Myata! I don't know who the owner is, but it is so stylish, but he sure has good taste. Just see how the orange of the bars complement the graphics on the frame!

post-17716-0-77241600-1552890453_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-59671300-1552890466_thumb.jpg

Mostly 90 km riders after the suffering! Someone shouted 'photograph' and as if by magic a whole bunch of nearly dead bodies put their beers down, jumped up all energized, started laughing and smiling and formed this group!

post-17716-0-44912200-1552891137_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

What it is all about, the riding! The last bit of sweet tar back into town after many an hour on tough, hot, lonely, bumpy, rough and dusty dirt roads!

post-17716-0-15923800-1552892153_thumb.jpg

What it is all about, the riding! The last bit of sweet tar back into town after many an hour on tough, hot, lonely, bumpy, rough and dusty dirt roads!

Nice one DJR, that was the last time I was in front of those two. I was about to hit the wall in 3,2,1... 

OK, it serves no purpose to have just one favourite, does it?

I also loved this Myata! I don't know who the owner is, but it is so stylish, but he sure has good taste. Just see how the orange of the bars complement the graphics on the frame!

What the heck is going on with those double leavers on those bars on the right of the pic???

It was great to meet you Mamil.

Even just sitting in the shade drinking beer (and feeling sorry for myself ) was hard work. Let alone riding in THAT heat and into the teeth of the nasty dry hot wind that picked up in the afternoon.

ah man, sorry i did not get to meet either of you.

will do a proper ride report of the Nova (well my version) once loadshedding allows.

What a incredible day out riding in Montagu.

The Nova was tough (and I almost became one with the scorching earth) but the amazing lunch stops (and descent at Keisie was so worth it)

You could really feel the love for cycling (and bicycles!) on Saturday.

Was great meeting you all, hopefully see some of the Nova riders in Prins Albert next month  ;)

What the heck is going on with those double leavers on those bars on the right of the pic???

I think it is just the left and right levers and the camera angle that makes it look like a weird shifter lever

Watch out for the camera wielding One Arm Bandit - that'll be me. With my recent accident, I've been demoted / promoted to grumpy team manager / photographer. But I still plan to have a great weekend even though it will not include riding myself. The Merckx will still get an outing courtesy of young D. See you all there.

Good to see you there! Even if you were in straps and bandages...

Mostly 90 km riders after the suffering! Someone shouted 'photograph' and as if by magic a whole bunch of nearly dead bodies put their beers down, jumped up all energized, stated laughing and smiling and formed this group!

Eroica spirit!

What a incredible day out riding in Montagu.

The Nova was tough (and I almost became one with the scorching earth) but the amazing lunch stops (and descent at Keisie was so worth it)

You could really feel the love for cycling (and bicycles!) on Saturday.

Was great meeting you all, hopefully see some of the Nova riders in Prins Albert next month  ;)

Well done for finishing on such a sweltering day! The coolest bike at NOVA must've fought the heat : )