Lyne Amp 30 anybody using these?

Me rida my bicycle

having just purchased a set of 27,5 amp I had my first proper test at Howick trails open day,yesterday.

I have them on my 2014 scott spark, and have fitted 2,4 maxis ardent tyres .

Through the rock gardens , I found them stiff and also very stable a lower speeds over some of the bigger rocks as well , as adding  lots more confidence to me, 

Very pleased with them.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

having just purchased a set of 27,5 amp I had my first proper test at Howick trails open day,yesterday.

I have them on my 2014 scott spark, and have fitted 2,4 maxis ardent tyres .

Through the rock gardens , I found them stiff and also very stable a lower speeds over some of the bigger rocks as well , as adding lots more confidence to me,

Very pleased with them.

had my first real rock garden yesterday on Simonsberg trails with these wheels and found myself looking for the biggest one's to pop up/over with the stability of the wheels gives me more confidence to play around on the trails. Edited by Me rida my bicycle

Been riding these wheels for 6 months and had no real issues with them. As mentioned, the after sales support at Lyne is superb so knowing you have that backing is a plus.

The down sides to the wheels for me mostly lie in the hubs (think they're similar to Stans 3.30). Found the bearings wear quickly and the freewheel (Shimano) is prone to gouging from the cassette (not limited to these wheels, but it applies). That all being said, I'm not particularly surprised at these factors at the price point so they're not really negatives. Just points to be aware of.

Do they use std sized easily available bearings available from places like Bearing man etc?

• 3 months later...

Those with the Lyne Amp 30 V2, please do a small review or just some feedback on the positives/negatives of the wheelsets, please. 

Those with the Lyne Amp 30 V2, please do a small review or just some feedback on the positives/negatives of the wheelsets, please.

Best bang for your buck IMO. They can take a beating and they run smooth. Also easy to service no special tools required.

Simply put they're brilliant and after sales service is tops from Dayle.

Best bang for your buck IMO. They can take a beating and they run smooth. Also easy to service no special tools required.

Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping there would be a review done on them. This will be my next upgrade, can't wait!!

Do they use std sized easily available bearings available from places like Bearing man etc?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

Just asked my buddy that sells end services Lyne wheels. Yes, they are generic bearings and can be bought at Bearing Man,  Et al. 

• 3 months later...

Just asked my buddy that sells end services Lyne wheels. Yes, they are generic bearings and can be bought at Bearing Man, Et al.

Awesome news, good decision by Lyne.

Any feels on the hubs they're using? Compared to Hope and DT swiss?

I had dt Swiss on my bike and I have Hope on the other. I upgraded the bearings on my Lyne wheels and they definitely roll faster than the DT Swiss and as fast maybe little faster than Hope.

I have not had any issues with the Lyne set, but what I can say is that Hope is fit and forget. My Hope set is almost 2 years old and still running the same bearings still smooth with no play!

• 6 months later...

So looking at upgrading my wheels soon, I am kike 80% sold on a set of Rapide TR29-30 SL wheels, the price and the option of Red hubs and the weight are the biggest selling points for the Rapide wheels, however, Lyne are in the running still as well, they are a fair bit heavier than the Rapide set, but are also a bit stronger I would imagine, and the high engagement hub of the Lyne wheels has me wondering if I shouldn't rather go with them?

Can anyone here offer up some opinions/advice?

• 3 months later...

Having being riding my lyne amp wheelset ,27,5 on my scott spark for a 17 months now.

Type of riding has been mostly trail, and minor rocks etc, as happens, also open jeep track, and longer roads ,mixed in.

At about 13 months noticed the alumimum nipples were cracking, and some corrosion as well, so replaced them with brass nipples, which was a upgrade IMO.

All being said, very pleased with them.

My back wheel bearings have a little play in them now ,and need replacing.

Just asking please, does anyone have the specs for the actual size of these bearing, please?

Normally take bearings out, and then use these to sample, for new bearings, but want to save time.

Edited by nickelass

Having being riding my lyne amp wheelset ,27,5 on my scott spark for a 17 months now.

Type of riding has been mostly trail, and minor rocks etc, as happens, also open jeep track, and longer roads ,mixed in.

At about 13 months noticed the alumimum nipples were cracking, and some corrosion as well, so replaced them with brass nipples, which was a upgrade IMO.

All being said, very pleased with them.

My back wheel bearings have a little play in them now ,and need replacing.

Just asking please, does anyone have the specs for the actual size of these bearing, please?

Normally take bearings out, and then use these to sample, for new bearings, but want to save time.

Hubs are apparently an exact match to Stan's 3.30 so see if you can find those sizes

So looking at upgrading my wheels soon, I am kike 80% sold on a set of Rapide TR29-30 SL wheels, the price and the option of Red hubs and the weight are the biggest selling points for the Rapide wheels, however, Lyne are in the running still as well, they are a fair bit heavier than the Rapide set, but are also a bit stronger I would imagine, and the high engagement hub of the Lyne wheels has me wondering if I shouldn't rather go with them?

Can anyone here offer up some opinions/advice?

A bit late in responding to your e mail.I had a set of 27.5 Rapide wheels for over 3 years with absolutely no hassles at all.When I sold the set(which regret) the hubs were still silky smooth and  on its original bearings and the rims were running 100%true .Recently I purchased a set of Rapide TR29-30 r and I am very pleased with this purchase.What i do like about the new Rapide hubs is that for less than R800.00 you can buy the new Shimano microspline freebody, or the "new" Sunrace freebody that can accommodate a 10-50 cluster or a Pro XD cassette body.When you order the wheels you can specify the type of free body that you want .Since I am still running a 2x10 I went for the standard Shimano freebody knowing that I can always convert to a 12 speed of my choice