[Event] Euro Steel Drak Descent 2019

Events Bot

Event Name: Euro Steel Drak Descent 2019
When: 19 January 2019 - 20 January 2019
Where: Underberg, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

Distances:

Euro Steel Drak Descent

Day 1: Saturday 19 January 2019 - 41 Km from Restmount Children's Home to Swartberg Road Bridge

Day 2: Sunday 20 January 2019 - 43 Km from Glencairn Farm to Umzimkhulu River Lodge

Team R1500, Solo R750 (substitutions at a cost of R200)

Euro Steel MTB Challenge

Day 1: Saturday 19 January 2019 - 25 Km

Day 2: Sunday 20 January 2019 - 18 Km

R400 per rider for both days

There is currently no closing date for the Euro Steel MTB Challenge.

The fifth edition of the popular Euro Steel Drak Descent MTB Challenge will take place in and around Underberg on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 January 2019, with some important changes and innovations supporting this fast growing event, part of the FNB Drak Adventure Weekend.

The entry will be strictly capped at 450 riders, either in traditional teams of two or solo riders. Less than 100 places are still available. Less experienced riders can take on shorter section of the same trails each day at the Euro Steel MTB Challenge.

The race follows the uMzimkhulu River and mirrors the popular N3TC Drak Challenge canoe marathon that takes place at the same time.

The registration and race overnight venue has been moved to Glencairn Farm outside Himeville, the start of the KAP sani2c and overnight for the joberg2c. This will offer eager mountain bikers a slice of the overnight experience of these famous stage races, with tented accommodation, mattresses, showers and breakfast available for the weekend.

The Euro Steel Drak Descent supports the Restmount Children's Home that provides holidays for underprivileged children. The first day of the race starts at Restmount Children's Home, and finishes at the Swartberg Road Bridge. The second stage now starts at Glencairn Farm on the Sani Pass Road and ends at Umzimkhulu River Lodge.

The Euro Steel Drak Descent forms part of the FNB Drak Adventure Weekend with the N3TC Drak Challenge canoe marathon, the GWK Run The Rivers trail run and the FNB Drak Music Experience. Each entrant to the event will get two tickets to enjoy the FNB Drak Music Experience concert at the Underberg Country Club on Saturday afternoon.

Go to Event Page

2018BlackForest.jpg

2018MtnBG.jpg