Total cost of my recent overseas purchase

Spock

Possibly I could get the shop in the UK to drop the UK VAT element...(probably they won't be able to)

in the UK helmets are VAT free, 1st world logic to help people in being safe.

Because bicycle parts do not incur duties!!

If you are considering importing it would be worth your while to do some google research if nothing else to find out the duties that you will likely incur.... else just do a search of the various forum threads here... like this one https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/75887-import-duties-on-cycling-goods/?hl=duties

If nothing else will give you piece of mind and to know you are getting a good deal over buying local.

Much appreciated.

I only made that mistake once...

Interesting. Only had good experience with them. If it relates to SAPO however, then I understand. But I've chatted to Ubyk about direct courier which they were willing to organise, just didn't end up buying from them so can't actually speak to whether or not the courier route would have worked. 

I only made that mistake once...

I unfortunately have made it twice.

The first time things were a bit slow, so I thought you never know the reasons.

This time however, in stock wasn't in stock and took over 2 weeks to source and send. Then it was supposedly sent express to make up for the delay, well that was like 2 weeks ago and they state 5 business days. FAIL

Good prices for sure, but service lacking

I unfortunately have made it twice.

The first time things were a bit slow, so I thought you never know the reasons.

This time however, in stock wasn't in stock and took over 2 weeks to source and send. Then it was supposedly sent express to make up for the delay, well that was like 2 weeks ago and they state 5 business days. FAIL

Good prices for sure, but service lacking

My package just dissapeared. Luckily they gave me a discount 8 weeks after the initial order

Bought this Suit on black Friday from the UK.

post-46817-0-93935500-1544513215_thumb.jpg

Card charged for R1746.57

DHL / Customs    R590.55

Total cost delivered to my hand this morning was R2337.12

So for doing a lot of research i was able to get a top of the line suit for the price of an entry level one here locally. 

Bought this Suit on black Friday from the UK.

attachicon.gifHUUB.jpg

Card charged for R1746.57

DHL / Customs R590.55

Total cost delivered to my hand this morning was R2337.12

So for doing a lot of research i was able to get a top of the line suit for the price of an entry level one here locally.

Probably got lucky on the duties, clothing should be 45% duties?