In What position did Raynard finish?

EarlyBird

Aii Raynaard wishes he was finished...

As of now he is +/- 20 km into the bike leg, not sure exactly what position...to early still to make much diffs.

RT's swim time was 54:33 = 37 out of the water, 1.5 minutes behind the 1st swimmer.

Bike: 20 miles
1.Normann Stadler  
2.Chris Lieto  1:48
3.Faris Al-Sultan  1:52
4.Chris McCormack  1:53
5.Marino Vanhoenacker  1:56
6.Luke Bell  1:57
7.Cameron Brown  2 minutes
8.Eneko Llanos  2 minutes
9.Tom Evans 

THIS CHAP DOING WELL IN THE MENS  30-34 AGE GROUP (6TH IN 30-34)

6 1372 Van Lingen, Lawrence 34 Durban ZAF 55:00 1:12:43

our german norman and the so much german faris al-sultan will show their backs to the world...!

TheLegend2006-10-21 13:52:39

Storming Norman seems to be set to klap the bike, but Faris should sort him on the run - if all goes well... its a long way to go still

very long, indeed. it's very interesting. let's see how the two do.

(you know that norman has been in big critique in 2004 in germany when a wheelchair athlete grabbed the "german sportsperson of the year" award before him and he was pissed and made his anger air? was very interesting. even though he tried to put it right afterwards. since them some people only refer to him as "the guy who doesn't like disableds" )

Great race for Michellie Jones and Normann Stadler, unfortunatley looks like Raynard Had a BADD day (by his standards).

TOTAL SWIM2.4 mi. (54:33)1:26/100m37

FIRST BIKE SEGMENT5 mi. (1:09:35)23.65 mph
SECOND BIKE SEGMENT28 mi. (2:09:19)23.10 mph
THIRD BIKE SEGMENT59 mi. (3:24:38)24.70 mph
FOURTH BIKE SEGMENT88 mi. (4:38:55)23.42 mph
FINAL BIKE SEGMENT112 mi. (5:36:02)25.21 mph
TOTAL BIKE112 mi. (4:39:08)24.07 mph26

FIRST RUN SEGMENT5.2 mi. (6:11:40)6:21/mile
SECOND RUN SEGMENT17.6 mi. (--:--)--/mile
RUN FINISH26.2 mi. (--:--)--/mile
TOTAL RUN26.2 mi. (--:--)--/mile1616

TRANSITIONTIME
T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE2:21
T2: BIKE-TO-RUN2:32

PENALTYTIME
TOTAL PENALTIES--:--
SwissVan2006-10-22 02:24:07

Jan Van Rooyen did not to shabbily...Clap

NAMEJan Van Rooyen
BIB NUMBER140
AGE34
PROFESSIONBusiness Owner
STATE/COUNTRYPretoria ZAF /
http://liveupdate.ironmanlive.com/ppv/images/spacer.gif

SWIMBIKE RUNOVERALLPOSITION
1:01:444:41:423:14:589:03:5653

RACE LEGDISTANCEPACEPOSITION
TOTAL SWIM2.4 mi. (1:01:44)1:37/100m189

FIRST BIKE SEGMENT5 mi. (1:16:57)22.99 mph
SECOND BIKE SEGMENT28 mi. (2:17:39)22.73 mph
THIRD BIKE SEGMENT59 mi. (3:34:45)24.12 mph
FOURTH BIKE SEGMENT88 mi. (4:50:12)23.06 mph
FINAL BIKE SEGMENT112 mi. (5:45:36)25.99 mph
TOTAL BIKE112 mi. (4:41:42)23.86 mph45

FIRST RUN SEGMENT5.2 mi. (6:22:29)6:26/mile
SECOND RUN SEGMENT17.6 mi. (7:54:37)7:25/mile
RUN FINISH26.2 mi. (9:03:56)8:03/mile
TOTAL RUN26.2 mi. (3:14:58)7:26/mile53

TRANSITIONTIME
T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE2:10
T2: BIKE-TO-RUN3:22

PENALTYTIME
TOTAL PENALTIES

Official version of Raynards day - taken from his website

Raynard's day in Kona

Date: Sunday, October 22, 2006

As fate would have it, it was not meant to be his day, and he could not finish the race!

His bad luck started earlier in the week, when he was stung by a bee on his ride.

He had a very allergic reaction to the sting and his leg swelled up drastically and was painful to the point that he was battling to run.

Whether that or the anti-histamines had anything to do with how he felt in the race, we will never know.

The fact is, he was cramping terribly throughout the swim, bike and the first 16km of the run. He was also vomiting, and was completely flat!

This is a very hard sport, and an even harder job!

He has trained his heart out for 6months. He has been out in the rain, the wind, every condition possible. He has not missed a session, and he came here, confident that he was in the best shape of his life.

But it was not meant to be, and he is extremely disappointed!

You cannot win every time you race. All the top pro?s have had bad days in Kona, Norman, Macca, Reid, Lessing. They?ve all been there, and they?ve all bounced back.

Raynard will bounce back from this stronger and more determined!

He is considering going to IM Florida in 2 weeks time, as he wants to get a good race in asap.

He doesn?t want all this training to be in vain.

Thank you for all your support and encouragement!  Please continue to support and believe in Raynard. 

Natalie

GOOD LUCK FOR FLORIDA, GO AND GIVE THEM CARROTS

Well done for getting there Raynard. Florida willbethe one.

Keep up the spirit and do your best w eare all behind you.

• 2 weeks later...

Raynard's mistake this year was not racing enough. The same goes for Jan van Rooyen.

After Ironman SA both of them only focussed on Kona.

Jan was in great shape two weeks before Kona............his best in Hawaii was 11th, so he'll hardly be happy with the result.

Raynard also have another problem. As soon as the going gets tough he stops, and he doesn't like it when other south africans beat him.

This year he pulled out of the race as soon as Jan passed him on the run.........

But someone that must get credit for a great race is Arrie de Swart. He competed in the 30-35 age group and came in 5th in his group!

Very well done!

Raynard also have another problem. As soon as the going gets tough he stops' date=' and he doesn't like it when other south africans beat him.

This year he pulled out of the race as soon as Jan passed him on the run.........

[/quote']

Hmm sounds A BIT like myopic sour grapes to me, wonder how many times RT has been beaten by other Saffas and then pulled out?

I am sure Raynard did not pull out just because JVR passed him?.LOL

I don';t think I can agree with Raynardt pulling out when the going gets tough. He was sick, and if he would have gone further it would have been out of the top 10 probarly. If you're not feeling well, are you gonna race for no prize money? Its not pleasant to go out not feeling well. You go because you don't wanna waste months of training to see how you would do, when you get passed by a lesser athlete, then you call it quits because you know you're wasting yourself for nothing.