Cleat Spaces/Shim DIY ideas

herrowpreeze

First question is probably why you need them? Most decent bike fitters would stock them.

DIY solution:  cut it out of a tupperware lid or anything similar. Which, I've also done and works well. Becomes complicated if you require adjustment from in to outside of the foot. Which means the thickness would have to increase/decrease from in/outside of the foot.

My story:

I've been fitted on an ergofit, which included all kinds of shims - shim/shoe inserts etc.

Subsequently fitted on Specialized fit, and everything got chucked out, including Specialize's own internal shims.

So doesn't seem to be an exact science. 

First question is probably why you need them? Most decent bike fitters would stock them.

DIY solution:  cut it out of a tupperware lid or anything similar. Which, I've also done and works well. Becomes complicated if you require adjustment from in to outside of the foot. Which means the thickness would have to increase/decrease from in/outside of the foot.

My story:

I've been fitted on an ergofit, which included all kinds of shims - shim/shoe inserts etc.

Subsequently fitted on Specialized fit, and everything got chucked out, including Specialize's own internal shims.

So doesn't seem to be an exact science. 

i changed my shoes and there doesn't seem to be the same contact between the old and the new. feel like I'm not 100% clipped in. don't want to pay for a whole bike fitting to get a shim put on my shoe.

will def try the Tupperware lid trick