Cannondale Warranty Issue. I need advice.

JohanDiv

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a hundred K. He can drink his problems away.

Hmmm, Bike Addict pointed out that it is only R17 000, but it doesn't mean anything... :ph34r:

I studied metallurgy in 1996!

Daaaamn.

Yours is a fine theory - one bend and straighten on alu is enough to weaken it tremendously.

....moved over to software engineering. But kudos for the better memory capacity :whistling:

but back on the chain ring. Alu does not like bending, one bend and its over. And from where it failed, between the chain pickup points as someone pointed out, it seems like its the most plausible cause of the failure

We are not doing anything because of pressure.

We are doing because we want to.

We have found a solution and then we decided rather to refund and not make the situation any more uncomfortable for the client and us.

We have done nothing wrong in terms of following the correct warranty procedures. That I will stand by.

After the initial rubbing issue the problem was sorted out and the technicians will never attempt to repair a bent blade we would have received faulty from the start if that was the case.

Choose to support us or not but this could not have been handled differently and all “warranty” claims can not just be accepted as the store decides.

only because of public pressure.

this would never have been the case otherwise

Edited by BIKE ADDICT

We have found a solution and then we decided rather to refund and not make the situation any more uncomfortable for the client and us.

We have done nothing wrong in terms of following the correct warranty procedures. That I will stand by.

After the initial rubbing issue the problem was sorted out and the technicians will never attempt to repair a bent blade we would have received faulty from the start if that was the case.

Choose to support us or not but this could not have been handled differently and all “warranty claims can not just be accepted as the store decides.

Last bit of coaching I'll offer.

Stop.

Keep quiet. Don't come back to this thread again. Leave it be.

Best response from now on is to make sure you pad your margins well enough to provide excellent service, which people will be happy to pay for. Then keep doing it. And don't stop. And it will take time,but your reputation will repair itself as that excellent service will be so good that people will come online and rave about it, again and again.

Good luck BA.

Choose to support us or not but this could not have been handled differently .

If you've learnt nothing from this and wouldn't change anything, then I certainly will not be visiting your shop. 

Choose to support us or not but this could not have been handled differently and all “warranty” claims can not just be accepted as the store decides.

So to confirm it's normal procedure for Bike Addict to do a full refund on a new bike if a small fault is discovered a few weeks after purchase?

That is a pretty interesting warranty procedure.

If you guys cannot see anything to learn from this debacle as you say "this could not have been handled differently" then it's clear history will be repeating itself, buyer beware.

If you've learnt nothing from this and wouldn't change anything, then I certainly will not be visiting your shop. 

Last bit of coaching I'll offer.

Stop.

Keep quiet. Don't come back to this thread again. Leave it be.

Best response from now on is to make sure you pad your margins well enough to provide excellent service, which people will be happy to pay for. Then keep doing it. And don't stop. And it will take time,but your reputation will repair itself as that excellent service will be so good that people will come online and rave about it, again and again.

Good luck BA.

Geez, I couldn't agree more

the ship has well and truly sunk on this one, yet they just keep on going further and further down.

I'm literally cringing when reading the shop's responses, PR and customer service is seriously lacking and the touch of arrogance at the end there :wacko:

For your own business sake just stop posting/responding, you are doing some serious damage to your reputation

Choose to support us or not... :eek:

In these economic conditions?

Like Joss said above, its time to rather 

post-36275-0-45689900-1544534256_thumb.gif

Enough damage has been done

I bet you Uncle Chris of the famed CWC would have handled this differently.

Then again he is a genuine fan of cycling, maybe Bike Addict just in it for the money. Nothing wrong with that, I just want a LBS willing to assist and not only respond postively when social media pressures mount.

And yes, Bike Addict, that is what you did. Buckled like the chainring.

Well done OP.

Interesting thread. This was a relatively cheap bike by today's standards, is it possible that the FSA components are simply rather flimsy? The design looks as if it leaves a large flat section of the ring projecting rather far beyond the spider and bolt positions, far more than on my road bike, making the ring easier to bend especially if its not very well made.