Cannondale Warranty Issue. I need advice.

JohanDiv

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it appears my previous post mysteriously disappeared??? Maybe it was a little to straight forward. Let's try this...

You could have tried taking it to "an international brand of warehouse clubs" who may or may not be a local distributor of Cannondale's....to see if they could have helped out with your warranty issue in a possibly more efficient and professional way.... :ph34r:

(a little late to the party, but none the less.)

I bent a chain ring once. Rode out at van gaalens, and on the other side of concrete strips, I stood up, put the power down and that was it.

Unimpressed, I went back to Kitted, and made them aware of their chain ring that bent (outwards) 

The communication from Kitted went along the lines of "our chain rings don't normally bend under normal use, please provide us with the bent one for research purposes. Here is a similar one at cost (delivered anywhere in JHB free of charge) while we asses the bent one."

The exchange happened, with the eventual feedback, that no fatigue was detected, and that normally this only happens when chain ring bolts are loose.

Now, I did fit my new kitted ring a couple of weeks before... at 11pm after coming home from the pub...so chain ring bolts were to blame... (and drunk-mechanic me was never let back into the garage)

Point of this post - customer service and proper communication goes a helluva long way.

Interesting thread. This was a relatively cheap bike by today's standards, is it possible that the FSA components are simply rather flimsy? The design looks as if it leaves a large flat section of the ring projecting rather far beyond the spider and bolt positions, far more than on my road bike, making the ring easier to bend especially if its not very well made.

did notice on instragram a similar issue with on a connnondale but i think i was a mtb..

Ek het nog altyd goeie diens by bikeaddict gekry. Die ding het onnodig te ver gegaan agv almal wat in ry staan vir freebies. Volgens my is BA n verspreider van Canondale en hulle het die regte ding gedoen deur die probleem na Cannondale te verwys.

Topic Locked

Given that the original poster has resolved the issue this thread has been closed to further commentary. @JohanDiv please contact us should you wish to re-open the discussion at any stage.