McLaren F1 to enter pro cycling

shaper

McLaren, one of the biggest names in motorsport, is to enter the world of professional cycling in a bid to topple Team Sky and become the best in the world.

In a move which could shake up the sport, the Woking-based company will announce on Wednesday morning that it is entering into a joint-venture partnership with Bahrain-Merida, the team of 2014 Tour de France winner Vincenzo Nibali.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/12/11/mclaren-enter-pro-cycling-vincenzo-nibalis-squad-bid-topple/

Edited by shaper

IMHO I think Nibali is one of the most complete riders of our generation. While his palmares might not include as many grand tours as some other riders, it includes a lot of other races that the pure GT guys don't even race in. BUT I also think for him to win another GT he needs a MUCH better team. Bringing an awesome car manufacturer on board to the same team doesn't mean they now all of a sudden going to win. With so many of the really good domestiques already locked in with decent contracts, where are they going to get the muscle power? Nibali can't exactly hang onto the side of a SENNA all day, he needs proper support.

Hopefully they perform better than the F1 team...

No engines to blame on a bicycle...

:clap:  :clap: I was about to make the same comment :whistling:

Oooooh, so that's where Alonso's going.. Aiming for the Cycling Triple Crown now I see.

Was thinking the same thing, as he previously wanted to get involved with a cycling team