MTB Tyre Sealant Choices

DarrenV

It's time to top up my tyre sealant and I'm wondering what the best sealant is for South African conditions? 

I've read online that Orange Sealant is great (although I've never seen it in SA stores) and apparently Stan's is crap.  I've had some success previously with Enduro Seal.

What's your experience and what do you use?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is a piece of string? You're going to get a lot of different answers.

I love Stans - only ever had success with it, but as mentioned above, I do feel it is too expensive and looking for an alternative. I will follow this thread going forward. 

Sealant from hell that SuperHelp that CWC has, that latex in there is on steroids you almost need gloves to work with them but they work and 100%, my current choice of sealant been using them for the 6-9months

Tyre juice from EvoBikes

Stans is the main one but a bit too rich for my blood

Otherwise do the search you can DIY your own

Whoever said Stan's is crap is, well talking crap. It's expensive, but it's good - been using for the last 3 years, no issues.

Bat Seal also good in my experience, amd Ryder also does the trick at a smaller cost than Stan's or the like.

I use Tyre Juice because its cheap and I am always redoing my tyres. Don't let CO2 anywhere near it, even for a few seconds. Wrecks the stuff.

Was curious. Tried the finish line one for a bit. Curiosity definitely killed that cat. Die Muishond (look it up) is one of the more ridiculous riders out there and I've seen it use sludge sealant. The one with the rhino on the bottle. A complete screw up to work with... Thats just it. You never open that tyre until the tread is slick. Which is about a week for muishond.

Whoever said Stan's is crap is, well talking crap. It's expensive, but it's good - been using for the last 3 years, no issues.

Bat Seal also good in my experience, amd Ryder also does the trick at a smaller cost than Stan's or the like.

Stan's was my go to before Enduro came along and killed it on price alone. Stan's performance is still the benchmark. The "Race" version is even better but Enduro Seal just does the job everytime.

And its a local S/suburbs Cape Town product. Easy to acquire, cheap to buy and quick to apply

Stan's was my go to before Enduro came along and killed it on price alone. Stan's performance is still the benchmark. The "Race" version is even better but Enduro Seal just does the job everytime.

And its a local S/suburbs Cape Town product. Easy to acquire, cheap to buy and quick to apply

Thanks.  I think I'll stick with Enduro then. 

Was just wondering if the more expensive brands were worth the money.  I have had a few punctures that didn't seal with Enduro but might not have sealed with anything else either. 

Happy to support a local supplier and pay a fair price.  Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Thanks.  I think I'll stick with Enduro then. 

Was just wondering if the more expensive brands were worth the money.  I have had a few punctures that didn't seal with Enduro but might not have sealed with anything else either. 

Happy to support a local supplier and pay a fair price.  Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

What tyres are you using. I do find some tyres are just hard to seal as they tend to tear. I always try and use as high a tpi tyre as possible. Works better with sealant and retains plugs better. Laos harder to get the plug in but then you can't have everything

Tyre Juice for sure I ran Stan's in my brother's bike we both hit the same nail tyre juice sealed it and Stan's just p#ssed out.

Both the Stan's and tyre juice was less than a month old both had more than 100ml per wheel. Haven't used any else since and have never had a flat.

Stans, never had reason to try anything else. Don't fix what aint broken, 

Although, i am running low so ill use some of these suggestions when the time comes just to see. 

Just wish some of these would work as well for road tubeless.

Just redid my road bike sealant (Giant Gavia tyres) with Enduro Seal