MTB Tyre Sealant Choices

DarrenV

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just managed to seal my tyre after 450ml Squirt and 60ml used Stans.

Tried to set up my Rapide wheel with a Gavia tyre.  Went to a bike shop and purchased 150ml squirt and with the aid of my compressor, it resprayed my garage floor.  Went to the shop and purchased 3 more bottles of Squirt as this was the only brand they have.  Needless to say, my garage floor now has 3 coats of latex and the tyre is still hanging in the garage,

I then had a brainwave and removed 60ml Stans from my other wheels and it sealed instantly.

What I have learnt from this is Squirt is seriously Cr...P!!!!

I am not a fan of Stans either.  Tyrejuice all the way for me now.

Used Stans for many many years and have been quite happy with it.

A few months back I came across a large bottle of Bontrager sealant and haven't had any issues with it yet in two MTBs, one of which is due for new tyres. It is cheaper than Stans.
Used the same to convert a pals Tokens to tubeless (road) using the new Conti 5000s. I did add a little glitter as a bonus. No problems so far although he hasn't done much mileage on them yet.

Stans race may be expensive but you get what you pay for. Even on road tires. Couldn't get Maxxis Rambler rear tire to hold air with 2 other sealants only Stans Race did the trick, 3 weeks and counting since I had to top up my pressure.

How can the riders not in CT get hold of Enduro? I looked at their website but could not find the basket to put my spoils into  :D

I used a product - which I cant recall the name, was like R70 for a 250ml bottle. Absolute garbage, I rode through a thorn and the stuff just streamed out of the hole. I had to cut the tire to get a plug in and even after the plug the stuff still did not do much. I fitted a tube and went home. 

Got some Joe's sealant (solely because it was cheaper than Stans) and it sealed the hole even after I removed the plug I fitted. 

Bat seal is not bad either, I used it for a while, I just found that the sealant became a solid piece of latex in the bottle after a while  :unsure:

Enduro seal for the last 2years.

Won't go back to overpriced Stans

Ryder tyre sealant is also superb

I've Stans and some other local one but Ryder is tops and if you go to Sportmans Warehouse their sealant is Ryder but rebranded in with their logo/stickers.. I've not had one issue with Ryder and many with Stans (spit) 

How can the riders not in CT get hold of Enduro? I looked at their website but could not find the basket to put my spoils into  :D

I used a product - which I cant recall the name, was like R70 for a 250ml bottle. Absolute garbage, I rode through a thorn and the stuff just streamed out of the hole. I had to cut the tire to get a plug in and even after the plug the stuff still did not do much. I fitted a tube and went home. 

Got some Joe's sealant (solely because it was cheaper than Stans) and it sealed the hole even after I removed the plug I fitted. 

Bat seal is not bad either, I used it for a while, I just found that the sealant became a solid piece of latex in the bottle after a while  :unsure:

Peet has just phoned me via the website chat and is forwarding some Enduro to me.

Cant wait to try it on both road an cross bike.

Give him a ring, sounds like  top notch guy.....0824953314

ENDURO SEAL works, I've seen with my own eyes how Shawn ( Head Honcho, Owner, CEO ) from ENDURO SEAL  will mutilate a perfectly good tyre to prove that. Will be out on a ride & start piercing holes in his own tyre. And when his product came onto the market it reminded me how we often get taken for a ride on price. Disclaimer, he is a frenemie of mine. But hey, the product works...

https://bikemob.co.za/products/enduroseal?variant=12218534035541

They will ship to you.

Is Enduro save to use in Maxiss tyres? According to Maxiss one should not use a sealant that contains Latex or Amoniac because it would void the warranty.