Best grease for plastic suspension bushings

M Hickley

Any heavy Grease should work, like red rubber.

I like finish line white Grease with Teflon

But it might be worth while to check if the frame /shock manufacturer recommend anything specific

Edited by BaGearA

Yeah look for something with Teflon/PTFE in it... that's if you are set of applying something. Most modern plastic bushings are self lubricating so maybe take everything apart and give it a good clean first? Greasing might cause more dirt to be attracted there and make matters worse. 

Similar to these

Those bushes look like they don’t need any lube. They “should” be made of Delrin or Zytel and outlast the rest of the bike...... yes, I know that referring to those two composites somewhat dates me.

They're self lubricating, but Rocky Mountain recommends using Bel-Ray Waterproof on their bushings, which are a similar style.

Strip, clean, and lubricate as lightly as you can get away with - any excess grease will attract dust and cause premature wear.

Hi.

I suspect that I have squeaky suspension bushings. What grease is recommended and readily available?

Dow Corning PG-54 Plastislip grease

Manitou Prep M if you can find it.

Tamiya Servo Gear grease (used for servo's gear boxes and drivetrains of model RC cars)

Or any other Silicone based grease.

Avoid the generic bearing grease found at most bicycle shops. The petroleum oil doesn't play nice with the binder that holds the bushing material together.

Also the consistency of those greases is too high. You want a NLGI 00 or NLGI 1 at most. Bearing grease is NLGI 2