Front Page, TYGER BURGER, #CAPE TOWN TO JHB and Back, #Cycling for Elderly.

CatzSpace "frail"

CYCLING FOR ELDERLY, CAPE TOWN TO JOHANNESBURG AND BACK

Sunday 11th On leaving Cape Town behind my first newspaper interview would be in Worcester with The Standard. I just had to conquer the Du Toit’s Kloof pass and much later the Hex River pass before rolling into Laingsburg 17hours, 290km later.

Monday 12th Then with no hills to mention, but just the gruelling 38’ / 40’ temperatures through the Karoo. I managed to maintain the pace @ 290km in 13hours to get to 3 Sisters, Guest House.

post-91605-0-21642200-1545269216_thumb.jpg

Tuesday 13th Already into my third day and i needed break, resting at Hanover. 163km in 11hours.
Wednesday, Thursday 14, 15 My next interview was arranged for Bloemfontein. Where I stopped at the Waterfront Mall, 25hours for 303km.

Friday 16th Cycling through the Free State my pace had dropped. Getting to Parys 310km in 26hours.

Saturday 17th Taking on the Final stage, Last push for the Telkom 94.7 Cycle Expo @ Ticket Dome in North Gate Johannesburg. Arriving around 12h00 midday. 6hours, 115km later.
I just cycled the 1468km, from Cape Town Civic Centre to Johannesburg over 6 ½ days.

TELKOM 94.7 CYCLE CHALLENGE
DL 06h00
Racing the 94.7 had its own hiccups!
*Noticing your GoPro is not Securely mounted but hanging from the charging cable.
*When shifting from the Big to Small crank, the chain may get Dropped.
*Just not having the Legs.
I Managed a 3h09 for the first Lap.
Cycling for a Charity MEANS you get to cycle the Event TWICE!

Double Lappers 09h33, Second Lap
Cycling in the late bunches meant two things.
*You would be in Front of a Bunch doing all the work.
*You would be Hustling through the slow moving traffic.
I Completed the second lap in 4h23.
That is 190km in 7h32.

Returning back to the place of residence in Centurion was another 22km.

RETURN CYCLE. CENTURION TO CAPE TOWN, VIA SWELLENDAM

Sunday 18th Evening, I knew that the timing would be very tight.
On leaving Centurion I had trouble staying awake, I made 2 pit stops. 165km to Parys.

Monday 19th Afternoon, Heavy rain with Thunder & Lightning and Tuesdays freezing Hail storm caused my weak leg to swell up and get stiff, had a pit stop to rest. 194km to Winburg.

Wednesday 21st Now my gear shifter for the crank had packed up, I had to manually shift the chain between the big and small cranks on the hills. Had a pit stop to rest, 328km getting to Colesburg.

Thursday 22nd With the gears giving trouble and my leg suffering, I opted to look for a lift.
To allow my leg to rest, to get the sorted out and to maintain the schedule.

Friday 23rd I now had to cycle over the Matroosberg pass onto Montague and onto Swellendam, 153km.

CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY, TEAM STEEL IS REAL.

Saturday 24th After some good food and a nights rest I was able to take on the Double Century.
Getting a 1 puncture from “cateyes” at speed ended up finishing in 6h51, 202km.

Sunday 25th Returning from Church I took a well earned snooze before cycling back to Ashton, 38km.

Monday 26th I found myself on the Last leg of my Endeavour to Cycle from Cape Town to Johannesburg and back, 171km.

The total distance that i had cycled round was 2930km over the 15 days.
Total of R6600 has been collected and will divided between the two selected Old Age Homes, AA Tomlinson in Swellendam and Park Care in Johannesburg.

I would like to Thank everyone for their support through messages and constant replies.
Thank You
David Kleynhans

post-91605-0-82398400-1545228745_thumb.jpg

https://web.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2143220129031587&set=pcb.2143220555698211&type=3&theater

Edited by F.R.A.I.L. -K

Raffle Draw winners

I will be contacting each of the winners to Congratulate them on their prize.

I Thank Everyone for making this possible and for all Donations collected.

David Kleynhans

post-91605-0-55234000-1545396886_thumb.jpg

post-91605-0-31923500-1545397055_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Payment - Cycle for Elderly Fundraising : David Kleynhans – Nov 2018

Considering the physical exertion by your efforts, to accomplish and complete this venture on behalf of Park Care Centre and its 320 frail permanent nursing-care need individuals (young and old) and also for the needy elderly at House AA Tomlinson (Cape region)

– it is sincerely a phenomenal and extensive patronage displayed through your personal cycle tour during November 2018!

Letter from the Second Home.

Mr.David Kleynhans

Re: Your donation: R2680.00

Dear David

Our warmest gratitude for your wonderful donation.It wil surely make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.

Thank you once again for your kindness, generosity and time and effort.

Best regards

Manie Meyer

Manager Huis AA Tomlinson

• 4 weeks later...

David,

Thank you for your amazing personalized fundraiser through your cycle tour held on behalf of and for the benefit of park Care Centre and its extreme frail community of 300+ individuals, setting a trend for society to cherish every Park Care’s priceless delicate Resident, fulfilling so, the dreams of a number of people in countless ways.

We wish to convey a special word of thanks for your incredible commitment and outreach to touch the lives of numerous Park Care long term nursing care residents, with much love – bringing your pure friendship that effects joy to all – young and old!

You are a remarkable gentleman who genuinely vows to make a significant difference to the world of many souls. Correspondingly, we also love your touchable dream. We are keen for this dream to spread through to the visuals and diagrams of every other cyclist and/or cycling team to join hands with you, and to work together at fashioning to restore quality of life for many afflicted, poor, underprivileged – such as half of the resident number at Park Care are - knowing it shall bring about much joy and peace and comfort for many, at the same time giving back the human dignity of many people.

Your donations to Park Care is a lovely book — an elegant proof of God’s astounding love, and in the power of storytelling.

You are one of the hippest of cats – and a most sensitive composer of harmony who gives your support in a very unique mode!

David – A Great Big Thank you,

With love from

PARK CARE RESIDENTS

And on behalf of Management & Staff

Ps: Please find attached herewith copies of the 2 x Park Care Centre SARS 18A Tax Certificates in lieu of your cash donations made to Park Care in Dec 2018 and Jan 2019

Kind regards

• 1 month later...