UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

YT?

any news on the redcar rocket? WIth talk of the Athertons rolling on Saracen, I don't see them sharing the paddock with Mr Hart. Did the welsh vote for brexit?

To my knowledge, 'Danny has my Hart' is staying put. I don't see the Athertons joining Saracen. I'm surprised they can even afford Hart.

I'm leaning towards a fringe frame supplier. Rocky Mountain, Nukeproof, Radon, Cube or some brand in those leagues. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giant?

To my knowledge, 'Danny has my Hart' is staying put. I don't see the Athertons joining Saracen. I'm surprised they can even afford Hart.

I'm leaning towards a fringe frame supplier. Rocky Mountain, Nukeproof, Radon, Cube or some brand in those leagues. 

2019 UCI World Cup and World Championships calendar

• April 27–28: (DH) Maribor, Slovenia

• May 18– 19: (XCO/XCC) Albstadt, Germany

• May 25–26: (XCO/XCC) Nové Mesto, Czech Republic

• June 1–2: (DH) Fort William, Scotland

• June 8–9: (DH) Leogang, Austria

• July 6–7: (DH/XCO/XCC) Vallnord, Andorra

• July 13–14: (XCO/XCC/DH) Les Gets, France

• August 3–4: (XCO/XCC/DH) Val di Sole, Italy

• August 10–11: (XCO/XCC/DH) Lenzerheide, Switzerland

• August 31 – September 1: UCI MTB World Championships – Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada

• September 7–8: (XCO/XCC/DH) Snowshoe, United States

Heard a rumour Athertons to Merida. Would love them to run go to Giant though

Edited by the_bob

to Marin?

Heard a rumour Athertons to Merida. Would love them to run go to Giant though

Would be very surprised, seeing as neither of these brands have a DH bike. 

I don't know. We've yet to hear from YT and Whitely. I don't think things are as clear cut as Gwin makes it out to be. He's been a notoriously difficult guy to work with - just look at the shitshow years back with Trek. He's also quiet on the relationship with Onza and what happened there. 

Either way, I think it's an interesting move. 

Now, where the hell are the Athertons off to? My guess is that they'll just have a frame sponsor and not be on a full factory team. 

Yep, after reading the PB interview with Gwin, you have to wonder what suddenly changed for YT. Perhaps it was Gwin's ever increasing pay demands that broke them at the final hurdle. I get the impression Gwin has to have everything his way in contractual terms and the more easygoing nature he portrays these days is a bit of a cover for the hard assed business man lurking inside...

Would be very surprised, seeing as neither of these brands have a DH bike. 

Isn't Polygon linked to Marin?

I see they will also be rolling on kendas. 

That's a bit of a surprise after the effort he put in designing the Onza tyres. Perhaps he will be designing new Kenda treads.

I've read that the Hellkat's are pretty decent ito grip, but roll a bit slower.

Edited by Jacquers

If the VitalMTB comments are to be believed, then that AB is going with Dave weagle's Orion suspension design

Edited by Capricorn

If the VitalMTB comments are to be believed, then that AB is going with Dave weagle's Orion suspension design

I know all the DW fanboys are going to slay me for this but I really can't with that oke. 

All he does is refine an existing concept (Single pivot with a shock linkage), give it a fancy name. (Delta system) and the entire MTB world loses their minds.

Yes I own a DW bike.

to Marin?

And now we all know. Keen to see how it pans out for them. One would guess the Atherton's are capable of designing a great bike. Looking forward to some more info on the bike/s though, as its only the press release at present.