Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

I'd be paranoid AF stopping there alone in the dark to fix whatever.

Wonder how long a GP4000 will last when completely flat, coz there no way i'm stopping.

Yeah, it gets to the thwap thwap thwap stage of the valve hitting the ground. I got 240m I reckon.

Bike is insured, so took garmin off and was prepared.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

einna ..... but you can run the "victim card" with the fiance for a while now, win win!

It all started with us riding around the block in order for the dog to get a bit of a run. Fiance felt the urge to start racing us (me with one hand on the bars and the other holding the dog's leash + being pulled along by a whippet makes you go nice and fast). Flip flops slipped off the pedals when the gear slipped and I had no way to control the bike riding with one hand! Ended up taking out a sprinkler, baby tree and landing with my face on a stone = bad concussion.

Yeah, it gets to the thwap thwap thwap stage of the valve hitting the ground. I got 240m I reckon.

Bike is insured, so took garmin off and was prepared.

good man .... making sure that Strava is safe :P

It all started with us riding around the block in order for the dog to get a bit of a run. Fiance felt the urge to start racing us (me with one hand on the bars and the other holding the dog's leash + being pulled along by a whippet makes you go nice and fast). Flip flops slipped off the pedals when the gear slipped and I had no way to control the bike riding with one hand! Ended up taking out a sprinkler, baby tree and landing with my face on a stone = bad concussion.

I apologize for "liking" your post, but really, I could just picture the whole thing and there's no way I could avoid a good chuckle. :D Heal well. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the Sani2C Commuting challenge again. Time snuck up on me a bit - will see if I can set it up over lunchtime and post link and thread. 

This for next week?

This for next week?

Yes. S2C Trail starts 14 May. I've been asleep a bit with setting it up. Anyone knows how to set up an ascent challenge?

Is there a local "Bike to work day" I see it is normally on the third Friday of May in the US but I haven't seen any promotion here in SA. Do you guys n gals in Europe have anything on the calendar?

I saw this recently... we can only dream here in SA. abd537ca05b9725c5ca7c0b66737035d.jpg

Yip.  It is something to see.  But ironically the authorities are lately under pressure to improve the infrastructure for cycling in the cities as it is still not remotely as good as the Scandinavian countries and the Netherlands.

They are also building new cycling paths outside the city boundaries.  I saw two weeks ago that they are building a new cycle lane not far from where we living.

Time for the Sani2C Commuting challenge again. Time snuck up on me a bit - will see if I can set it up over lunchtime and post link and thread. 

Have joined the challenge. Will be interesting to see if i reach the distance and elevation this time as i have a xco race on saturday. But will give it a huge go. :)