Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Been using Sports-Tracker since I started getting fit (from 120kg) back in 2010. I occasionally export worthy rides to Strava, will be doing that with the commutes to Endomondo. 

Just finished uploads, sitting 6th with 3188.57 km. 

Another podium contender. 

Well done.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent more than an hour now to painstakingly export each of my commutes on Sports-Tracker. Now for the tedious task of uploading each one to Endomondo... 

Let's see how this goes.

That's why my commutes aren't loaded - getting it from my Sigma (cheap monitor) to Strava is enough admin when I get to work :)

Else that 50k mark would have been LONG gone :)

I'm working at Hollard (13km) now (changed from MTN - 5km) so at least I have a worthwhile commute again! Sorted a locker for my shoes and laptop here and cycling clothes and towel hang on my desk :)

It's about 8 degrees when I leave for work (all uphill) so cold isn't a problem! I commuted with a motorbike in Belgium for about 8 years so I laugh when people say it's too cold to commute by bicycle... so often did I have to hug my engine for a few mins before I could feel my hands and lock my motorbike!!

Only took me 3 hours to manually export from Sports-Tracker and then import to Endomondo, just if you leave it for later in the year it will be even more work. 

Awesome. There is also a most amount of commutes challenge. That one already has a winner in Gandalf the grey but the rest of us are battling it out. Helps guys like me with short commutes.

In the beginning it is a tedious task. But once you up to date it's cool. What app do you normally use? I use my garmin, it auto syncs after every ride to garmin connect. That then auto syncs to strava and endo. All I have to do is go into endo and change from sport to transport. 

when I end my ride on my garmin it asks to categories the ride, if I select commute/transport it uploads to endo as a commute without me having to change it.

Awesome. There is also a most amount of commutes challenge. That one already has a winner in Gandalf the grey but the rest of us are battling it out. Helps guys like me with short commutes.

Doubt I'll top anything there, I still use my car occasionally. 

Year    Car    Bike   Total
2012    81     139    220
2013    81     140    221
2014    54     171    225
2015    37     182    219
2016    19     198    217
2017    35     196    231
2018    36     169    205
2019    8        97     105
Edited by Rouxenator

97 commutes puts you 14th.

when I end my ride on my garmin it asks to categories the ride, if I select commute/transport it uploads to endo as a commute without me having to change it.

What Garmin do you have?

This is interesting. Does the actual device ask you to categorize or the app?

Garmin and Endo syncd via strava?

So your one way commute is 33km long? Elevation?

This is interesting. Does the actual device ask you to categorize or the app?

Garmin and Endo syncd via strava?

my device asks me everytime I finish my ride.

First button press pauses the ride, then I select save, after that it pops up asking to categorize the ride. Can choose a few options (I dont recall them all), but there is road, commute, mtb I think there may even be a race option and definitely a few more that I never look at.

edit: I dont Strava. If I recall I set it up that Garmin synchs direct with Endo

Edited by ouzo

First button press pauses the ride, then I select save, after that it pops up asking to categorize the ride. Can choose a few options (I dont recall them all), but there is road, commute, mtb I think there may even be a race option and definitely a few more that I never look at.

Quite nifty of the 130 to do that. The 520 I just press stop then 'Save Ride' and it's done.

It then uploads to G-Connect which is syncd with strava. Strava then syncs with Endo.

I don't have to mark my commutes in Strava as commute because Commuter Marker does that for me, however this does not carry through to Endo.

In your case it somehow does.

So I'm thinking that commuter marker marks the ride in strava as commute after it has already sent the ride to Endo???

guys ... just run Endomondo on your cell in conjunction with whatever else you use to keep track of your rides 

For me I am not interested in loading another app on my phone. I also don't want to be worrying about starting something on my phone before every ride, I will probably forget. I have the same setup as Zub. I log into endo at work every morning and quickly edit. Works well for me.

edit: I dont Strava. If I recall I set it up that Garmin synchs direct with Endo

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: