Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

I had an incident like that couple of years ago. Was on my road bike - only difference was I connected with the side of the car and my then flat alloy cage pedals left a lovely mark on the passenger side door. 

Pity that I somehow manage to bend me saddle that it looked like Quagmire's nose. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my first commute in months this morning. Nice little 15km on the ss. From Newtown to Melrose arch. When i got on the bike i looked down and realized my lights were on my road bike. Was a bit sketchy at 530 but at least most of my kit is heavily reflective. I did get a few skeefs from road bikers on the way but not much i could do but be ultra aware.

I need to ride to Linden this afternoon to see the bint and was wondering if anyone knew how to get some spruit riding in on the way? i know i can get in at victory park but was hoping theres a bit more available further up 

Did my first commute in months this morning. Nice little 15km on the ss. From Newtown to Melrose arch. When i got on the bike i looked down and realized my lights were on my road bike. Was a bit sketchy at 530 but at least most of my kit is heavily reflective. I did get a few skeefs from road bikers on the way but not much i could do but be ultra aware.

I need to ride to Linden this afternoon to see the bint and was wondering if anyone knew how to get some spruit riding in on the way? i know i can get in at victory park but was hoping theres a bit more available further up 

WOW it's been a while since I have heard/seen someone use that word. 

When i commute via the Spruit from sandton, I normally ride down Sandton Drive then pass William Nicol and join the Spruit at Hurlingham at Kildare road. I guess you'd have to ride to Sandton from Merose

Hope that helps

Thanks man, had to leave work a bit later so would have been on the Spruit at dusk.

Ended up looking for hills in the area to wake the legs up. It's amazing what a few months off the bike can do to your fitness

When i commute via the Spruit from sandton, I normally ride down Sandton Drive then pass William Nicol and join the Spruit at Hurlingham at Kildare road. I guess you'd have to ride to Sandton from Merose

Hope that helps

That said, yesterdays ride home was not without incident.  :blush:  :wacko:  ^_^

The things we share on the hub  :clap:

Had a bit of a runny stomache last year just before I commuted home one day.  I let my wife know that this commute might take bit longer than normal as I am not 100% well.  She suggested I should come home with the train.  I just replied that I would rather get caught out on the bike and take a dump in the forest than be stuck on a commuter train if that sphincter valve decide to pop.

Luckily the ride home went all well.

Edited by Bateleur1

been off the bike for just over a month with a throat infection that was just not letting go.

Brought the bike in today so that I can leave the car here for test drives tomorrow. I'll ride home tonight and back tomorrow.

Looking forward to it.

Riding home on Wednesday I was taken out by a Learner Driver. Saw me coming, but decided to cross in-front of me at the last moment. After receiving a slight bump, I entered a proper horizontal slide across the tar ... think I was probably close to 40km/h when I made contact with the road.

Luckily very little damage, ... some cuts and scrapes on my legs but nothing needing stitches, ... my wrist hurts a bit, but already much better. I wore a roller-blade wrist-brace on Thursday's and today's commute, worked well  ;)

Bike lost some handlebar tape, and the quick-release lever is destroyed. 

​They were very apologetic, and probably suffered more from shock than I did. 

All in all very lucky  :)

Edited by Eddie_V