Chain Reaction Cycles not selling Shimano to SA users ?

Vishal72

For interest sake, how much are they cheaper on CRC than shops in SA?

Works out a bit more once courier fees and import duties taken into account

FYI, Wiggle bought CRC (2016) and Bike24  (2018), so I'm not sure why both Wiggle (UK) and Bike24 (De) will sell Shimano to SA.

Conundrum!

Who care about the price, when you can never get stuff through the Cool Heat channel. If my LBS has stock, I always go to them, but If you looking for stuff that is a little unusual, there is no ways they will get it from Cool Heat.

My next purchases was going to be:

An Ultegra 10-spd 11-23 cassette

• CRC - (GBP) 40.99 * 18.09 = R741.668   <-- this excludes delivery, handling fee and customs VAT. Skynet were charging R250 handling, before VAT (and items eligible for duties). So the landed cost goes up to R991.668 before VAT (and delivery fees)
  • CWC - (ZAR) 999.00   <-- this includes VAT

CWC is in stock, and I'll get it on Monday. CRC is also in stock, but who know when I'll get it.

I'm sure if I speak to my LBS, I might get a price close to CWC.

The chains, HG95, are cheaper from CWC than CRC.

Edited by Frosty

FFS! So, we are at the mercy of not_so_cool ©heats.

So if it's not part of their stock or regular order goods, then you are stuffed. Try get a 2x10 170mm crank from them...or anything else that is not "new technology"

Even new stuff they don't have. When I bought my new road bike a few years back it had the then brand new ultegra 6800 11s on. The standard crank was a 170 with tiny blades and I wanted a 175 with bigger(standard for a 175) blades. My lbs contacted them and they told us to wait 3 months!!!!!! I was lining up a buyer for my crank but had told him it was on the bike but brand new. Of course I wanted to ride my new bike asap so I ordered from CRC and less than a week later I had my longer cranks and the other dude has his unused shorter cranks.

So is this not true then? From their website...

Since 1985 Coolheat has brought leading cycling brands to the South African cyclist. We are proud ambassadors to our core brand Shimano, as well as our portfolio of high quality and complementing brands. These include PRO, Shimano's official accessory line-up, Cat eye computers & lights, Pearl Izumi cycling & running gear, Tacx indoor trainers, & Joes no flats quality tire sealants. Coolheat has an obsession with service, and a team driven by a passion for the cycling way of life.

So is this not true then? From their website...

Since 1985 Coolheat has brought leading cycling brands to the South African cyclist. We are proud ambassadors to our core brand Shimano, as well as our portfolio of high quality and complementing brands. These include PRO, Shimano's official accessory line-up, Cat eye computers & lights, Pearl Izumi cycling & running gear, Tacx indoor trainers, & Joes no flats quality tire sealants. Coolheat has an obsession with service, and a team driven by a passion for the cycling way of life.

What's not true??

Bought a new bike over the holidays and wanted to order some upgrades from CRC today and noticed that Shimano not available anymore.

O well, now I have to wait for my mother in law to go visit in Europe in April. 

This really sucks.

I'm really starting to find living at the bottom of Africa very tiresome. Being 50+ in age I have had to put up with a lot of .... in my day and it certainly does not seem to be getting any better. Why is it that we are treated with disdain when all we want is to be parted with some our money and have a little fun in the sun.

FFS! So, we are at the mercy of not_so_cool ©heats.

So if it's not part of their stock or regular order goods, then you are stuffed. Try get a 2x10 170mm crank from them...or anything else that is not "new technology"

Been looking for a square taper BB that the local shops do not have stock in, and do not know if they can get soon, so made a turn on the CRC page....and was then bitterly let down to see this!