Garmin 810

Motard660

When switching on my device yesterday morning, I found this.

I don't know how it got like this as the previous day it was still 100%.

It is mostly visible when the device back light is on.  

Can this be repaired, or is it time for a new one. 

Okay, my pic did not load, working on it

post-25703-0-92168300-1546403208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Motard660

Reset the unit. My 810 also did that in the display and Garmin did a full reset and it was fixed

To perform a master reset:

Power device off.

Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop.

Power device on while still holding both buttons.

Continue holding buttons when Garmin "splash" screen appears.

Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears.

Reset the unit. My 810 also did that in the display and Garmin did a full reset and it was fixed

To perform a master reset:

Power device off.

Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop.

Power device on while still holding both buttons.

Continue holding buttons when Garmin "splash" screen appears.

Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears.

Thank you for your response!

I already did a hard reset but unfortunately still had the same problem. :wacko:  

Take it to Garmin and if they can't do a quick fix they should offer you the 820 for a fee (about R2k).

Just keep your paper work for the 820 because majority of the people that have 820 units have taken them back a few times.

Just to support the last post, Garmin service is excellent on these devices. Send it in, they will either repair or replace, and the charge is reasonable.

When switching on my device yesterday morning, I found this.

I don't know how it got like this as the previous day it was still 100%.

It is mostly visible when the device back light is on.  

Can this be repaired, or is it time for a new one. 

Okay, my pic did not load, working on it

Got feedback from Garmin SA and was informed that my Garmin is not repairable. They recommend that I exchange it for a Garmin 820 with a fee payable by me. Although the fee is minimal, I heard that the Garmin 820 have various problems and that the battery life is NOT that great.

I basically have two choices.......I pay and get the Garmin 820 or make a change towards Bryton or similar GPS .....

Any suggestions?

Take it to Garmin and if they can't do a quick fix they should offer you the 820 for a fee (about R2k).

Just keep your paper work for the 820 because majority of the people that have 820 units have taken them back a few times.

Please define majority in your response.

I have 8 mates with 820's and not a single issue. Are we in the majority survey you conducted?

Got feedback from Garmin SA and was informed that my Garmin is not repairable. They recommend that I exchange it for a Garmin 820 with a fee payable by me. Although the fee is minimal, I heard that the Garmin 820 have various problems and that the battery life is NOT that great.

I basically have two choices.......I pay and get the Garmin 820 or make a change towards Bryton or similar GPS .....

Any suggestions?

Cant they offer you the new 520?

Please define majority in your response.

I have 8 mates with 820's and not a single issue. Are we in the majority survey you conducted?

Thanks,

I did notice that most of the complains are about battery life, but again.....that is people using everything at once.....Navigation, Bluetooth act.

Cant they offer you the new 520?

I did actually asked them for the 1000 and they reply that the deal is only on 820 exchange.

Thanks,

I did notice that most of the complains are about battery life, but again.....that is people using everything at once.....Navigation, Bluetooth act.

You will most likely get a refurbished unit. I don't have battery life issues with my 820 and it charges quicker than other units I've had but i find it does have a few other issues like the touch screen and lock out