XCO Action at Thaba Trails...

Wendell

With the SA XCO Championships taking place at Thaba Trails on the 20th July 2019 we are super excited to announce that once again Century 21 as our Title sponsor. FURTHER....THE first Official GAUTENG XCO CHAMPS will take place over the same course on the 6th July and still further news is that the GAUTENG CUP #3 will be held on Thaba Trails on the 22nd April. FULL RACING PROGRAM TO INCLUDE SPROGS AND NIPPERS STARTING AT 07H00.

SO...  we are making some exciting and interesting changes to last years XCO course. MONTHLY starting on the 2nd February the THABA TESTER # 1 we will host XCO racing to introduce the monthly changes to our course. 

The TESTER dates are as follows

2nd February start time 14h00

2nd March 

4 May

1 June

22 June

The racing will be as follows on these dates; Junior Men and ( Invited u16 )  13h30

Junior, vet and Elite Ladies      14h15

Vets and Masters Men             15h15

Elite Men                                 16h15

MEDICAL SERVICES SPONSORED BY HELIVAC.

Hi Wendell, do you have a link to the entry page? Or where do we get more details?

Edited by cat-i

Very exciting news. Would love to try a few. Where do we enter? Cost of entry?

Morning Engel-a, 

We are not making a fuss. The testers will NOT be official races as per license and rules and regulations. I intend these to be opportunities for anyone wanting to give XCO a bash to do so without pressure. NO frills. We will have HELIVAC as our medical service provider and we will do hand timing. The cost will be the normal THABA TRAILS fees of R50. Entry will be at our trails office....However.. the Gauteng races and the SA Champs areseperate from my 5 TESTER events. 

Hi Wendell, do you have a link to the entry page? Or where do we get more details?

Morning cat-i, the testers are a way for riders to enter XCO. Therefore we will not charge to enter these five events just the normal R50 entry fees to ride the trails. It further serves to familiarise yourself with the course as we develop the final track for the Gauteng and SA XCO Champs.

SO... enter at our trail shop.... nothing official just pure fun BUT....yes always a BUT... I hope you will then ride the three MAJOR EVENTS..ie GAUTENG CUP APRIL/22.... GAUTENG CHAMPS JULY/06 and SA XCO CHAMPS July 20.and listen to this.... these three events are POWERED by CENTURY 21, the leaders in Property. Medical service provider is HELIVAC.

Morning cat-i, the testers are a way for riders to enter XCO. Therefore we will not charge to enter these five events just the normal R50 entry fees to ride the trails. It further serves to familiarise yourself with the course as we develop the final track for the Gauteng and SA XCO Champs.

SO... enter at our trail shop.... nothing official just pure fun BUT....yes always a BUT... I hope you will then ride the three MAJOR EVENTS..ie GAUTENG CUP APRIL/22.... GAUTENG CHAMPS JULY/06 and SA XCO CHAMPS July 20.and listen to this.... these three events are POWERED by CENTURY 21, the leaders in Property. Medical service provider is HELIVAC.

Wicked, I'll be there!

Please excuse my ignorance regarding this. Do the Nippers do the same course but just do less laps (seems to be 3) or do they do a different course?

For xco, what ages are nippers and sprogs

Nippers appears to be the normal u10 when I looked at last year's results when I was trying to find out info about the laps.

Thx Wendell. Feb I won't make but will try to be there for the March event.

Where can I get more information about the other events you mentions e.g. the Gauteng Cup ? Is there a website?

Thx Wendell. Feb I won't make but will try to be there for the March event.

Where can I get more information about the other events you mentions e.g. the Gauteng Cup ? Is there a website?

Here you go. You can enter via entryninja. More details also on CyclingSA site.

post-39356-0-90741400-1546886229_thumb.jpeg

Please excuse my ignorance regarding this. Do the Nippers do the same course but just do less laps (seems to be 3) or do they do a different course?

At Thaba Trails  we prepare a slightly different trail for the Littlees.... It will still be a true XCO course but there is plenty of time ahead for them to have their parents stress about the difficulty of the course. I want them to have fun and return for more.

For xco, what ages are nippers and sprogs

Hi Chris.... WOW .. it's been years when I last heard from you... these age groups are U10 and U12....