Anyone Bought From Ace Cycles?

Andrew_Smith

Hi guys,

Interested to buy an indoor trainer for me but never ordered something from Ace Cycles before.

Can anyone perhaps give feedback who used their services?

Would appreciate it, thanks.

Hi guys,

Interested to buy an indoor trainer for me but never ordered something from Ace Cycles before.

Can anyone perhaps give feedback who used their services?

Would appreciate it, thanks.

What are you planning on getting? I bought a 2nd hand Dorrito (Direto) and it's good to know that agents are local in Cape Town. Evobikes had a good price on the Dorrito. I am very happy with mine and a friend also raves about his.

What are you planning on getting? I bought a 2nd hand Dorrito (Direto) and it's good to know that agents are local in Cape Town. Evobikes had a good price on the Dorrito. I am very happy with mine and a friend also raves about his.

Hi Cippo, I am planning on getting the Direto but new (would like a warranty with the unit and I am not sure if a secondhand option will honour the warranty even if I get the original POP). My friend owns one and loves it. Aaron Borrill from Cape Epic rated it the best after testing other brands as well (Wahoo, CycleOps). He owns a unit personally and does all his training on it almost daily with no issues at all. Reviews online look great.

No problem,good honest people to deal with

Thanks Jannie, that's good to hear!

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Have a chat to Evobikes. My friend bought his new from them. My 2nd hand as new Dorito was to hard to pass up.

Have a chat to Evobikes. My friend bought his new from them. My 2nd hand as new Dorito was to hard to pass up.

Yeah, I looked on their site. But eish, R16k is a bit too steep for me. I need to buy a cassette as well as a Zwift subscription. 

Ace Cycles price for R13 500 isn't that bad, allowing me to buy the extra's I need.

The other option will be to get in contact with a person who has an account with the agents and maybe trying to get it a cost price. But I doubt that will happen. Will be cool though haha.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Well, looks like I am back to square one...

Seems like the Direto is pretty much sold out everywhere and that most are also struggling with stock being held in customs.

I think I might consider going with a Kickr Core.