For the aviation fans

Lotus

Since we are on the topic of hobby planes.... I have Phoenix RC and a Spectrum Dx6i transmitter that I want to sell. PM me if you are interested.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are on the topic of hobby planes.... I have Phoenix RC and a Spectrum Dx6i transmitter that I want to sell. PM me if you are interested.

Phoenix is another one of the big boys that closed their doors. Was a great sim and the DX6i an ugly but very capable, user friendly radio. Compatible with Orange RX and Lemon receivers.

I have even more respect for LWB and his peers who do this to ensure that planes stay in the sky where they belong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bba2US8hBE8

I have been both in the cockpit and on the headset on the ground during high power ground runs before. I have also been inside the test cell while preserving an engine(you don't add fuel so the engine doesn't actually start but you spin it up to a serious speed-I have a video of myself doing this so if anyone wants it just whatsapp me). 

I do enjoy my job-well when I still used to work <_<

Taken from another forum...a sad sight.

(but on a different note, what I would give to walk around one of these storage facilities for a few days!).

attachicon.gifSAA_Stiorage.jpg

Lots of photo's like these around at the moment. Sad times :-(

those camera angles make it look like the technician on the ground is rather close to the engines at FT

"Frikkie was standing just there, sir. And then all I heard was a 'aaaaarggh' and saw I red mist. I  think Frikkie went somewhere, but I can't find him sir."

those camera angles make it look like the technician on the ground is rather close to the engines at FT

There are certain spots we can stand that are very close but still safe. If you walk down from the nose gear, directly under the fuselage and then under the wing, you can touch the engine and max thrust. It is SERIOUSLY noisy and the adrenalin is pumping like crazy. 

There are certain spots we can stand that are very close but still safe. If you walk down from the nose gear, directly under the fuselage and then under the wing, you can touch the engine and max thrust. It is SERIOUSLY noisy and the adrenalin is pumping like crazy. 

im pretty sure the adrenalin must be pumping, having done my air side training and watched the videos that go with it its pretty hectic.

im pretty sure the adrenalin must be pumping, having done my air side training and watched the videos that go with it its pretty hectic.

O yeah I forgot you mentioned a while back about the airside training.

When you newly qualified and don't have any experience you stay far away as you don't know but with time you get to know where is safe and where you will get sucked in.

I remember seeing pics of that when it happened. Would have been amazing to see it unfold!

Not if you were the poor throttle jockey in the cockpit :mellow: .