For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my front stoep I can see the new pits at Toby’s playground. Whenever they have an event with aerial displays I always run outside to watch the planes… they usually come right over my head for a lot of the exhibition. I’ve given up filming with the phone because when you watch it back it’s never as wow as watching it in the moment. Doesn’t matter how often you see the Pitts or Harvards doing their thing, it always blows you away.

Speaking of the Harvards, as a little kid we lived in Nigel for a while, not far from the flying school. The silver and orange Harvards flying overhead were a daily part of life. Miss that.

My granddad was a Brigadier is the SAAF until about 1990, and was at Waterkloof. Flew in the Bumbling Bees and Silver Falcons. Too this day, still think he has the most Impala hours.

I lived with him from age 2 - 5. Needless too say, I spent a lot of time on the base, flew in Buccaneers, Impala, C130s, Dakotas. Missed my chance to go up in a Canberra and Harvards though.

Thats where my love for aviation started. 

From my front stoep I can see the new pits at Toby’s playground. Whenever they have an event with aerial displays I always run outside to watch the planes… they usually come right over my head for a lot of the exhibition. I’ve given up filming with the phone because when you watch it back it’s never as wow as watching it in the moment. Doesn’t matter how often you see the Pitts or Harvards doing their thing, it always blows you away.

Speaking of the Harvards, as a little kid we lived in Nigel for a while, not far from the flying school. The silver and orange Harvards flying overhead were a daily part of life. Miss that.

That sounds!

I went to the Harvard  decommissioning ceremony, I cried.