For the aviation fans

Lotus

Kilimanjaro in the background. Was a great experience.

What a pic!

Must have been monkey ball cold there.

Just love that shot!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the hiking, kayaking, bikes etc I need to make some time. The Missus is keen to give the paragliding a go too. I can sense one of those intro/dual flights in my near future!

And then there is kite boarding...........

That's the benefit of living there - every outdoor adventure under the sun on your doorstep.

For kite surfing (sort of aviation related, at a stretch) I've not found a better spot than Lake Brenton.  It's sublime there.  Apart from the hermit crabs.  :ph34r:

That was the first place I managed to go up wind.

Sedgefield was also the first place I went paragliding.

You're lucky to live there. :thumbup:

Paragliding ... is a great form flying. Did some during my time in CT would love to pick it up here on the Highveld

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/Meerendal_MidJan2006/Gone-m.jpg

Meerendal.

I remember one fine morning sitting on the bench at the top of Dorstberg, watching an instructor try his darnedest not to lose his marbles trying to teach a toppie how to launch himself.

It must be said, from my very uninformed perspective, there was not much of breeze to speak of that day. I guess this makes for good learning conditions, but it sure did make for some great entertainment. I chuckled all the way down again. Later on, as I came around Stairway for my second lap, the instructor came down the road huffing and puffing, not looking very chuffed. 

Sam Chui chucked in his chirps of the subject

Sam is an investement banker in Dubai with a lot of disposable income which he spends checking out the sharper ends of commercial flights around the world - certainly an Av Fan, not so technical though, but I enjoy his channel because he covers a lot.

Meerendal.

I remember one fine morning sitting on the bench at the top of Dorstberg, watching an instructor try his darnedest not to lose his marbles trying to teach a toppie how to launch himself.

It must be said, from my very uninformed perspective, there was not much of breeze to speak of that day. I guess this makes for good learning conditions, but it sure did make for some great entertainment. I chuckled all the way down again. Later on, as I came around Stairway for my second lap, the instructor came down the road huffing and puffing, not looking very chuffed. 

Yes, that was in training with the BirdMan. I took to it quite easily, really loved the sensations.