For the aviation fans

Lotus

LOL I googled small business jets ZS registered and came across this site. After seeing there were no ZS reg Honda I literally searched every ZS reg until I saw one that looked like it. After seeing the Beech I realised it was that and then searched all the Beeches until I saw the paint job.

EDIT: https://www.laasdata.com/corpjet/corpjets-south-africa-icao-zs.php

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nyet... its ZS-SRU a Beech 390 Premier 1 Jet

Out of interest sakes Its built with a composite fuselage, quite revolutionary for this type of aircraft that has been in manufacture since the last 1990's.

Has Williams Rolls FJ44 turbo fan engines, similar to the engines used on some older type cruise missiles

Registered to Katzbro Premier Aviation (Pty) Ltd, apparently owned by a Zunaid Moti ex owner Future Fin now "Moti Group" Think he might a some other bigger jets

In other words he is rolling in $$$$

attachicon.gifZSSRU.JPG

:oops: Defiantly should get my eyes checked. The missing winglets should have been a dead giveaway the it wasn't a Honda.

Impressive sleuth work by the way.  

I still have it (Premier) on my SA license, did the factory course in USA in 2001...during the 9/11 attacks

WOW that is cool. Can't be too many guys with it on their license. According to the site I posted above there are 9 registered in RSA.

:oops: Defiantly should get my eyes checked. The missing winglets should have been a dead giveaway the it wasn't a Honda.

Impressive sleuth work by the way.  

Not really sleuth work, I just happen to have worked a little bit on them 20 years ago....  :w00t:

They have a distinct shape which reminds me of a dolphin...

WOW that is cool. Can't be too many guys with it on their license. According to the site I posted above there are 9 registered in RSA.

Interesting only 9, back in my days they were still new in the country and even less of them.

I think this particular one s/n 63 may have belonged to Tokyo Sexwahle at some stage or Dimension Data...

Im sure by now there are quite a few AME's with it on their license

Nyet... its ZS-SRU a Beech 390 Premier 1 Jet

Out of interest sakes Its built with a composite fuselage, quite revolutionary for this type of aircraft that has been in manufacture since the last 1990's.

Has Williams Rolls FJ44 turbo fan engines, similar to the engines used on some older type cruise missiles

Registered to Katzbro Premier Aviation (Pty) Ltd, apparently owned by a Zunaid Moti ex owner Future Fin now "Moti Group" Think he might a some other bigger jets

In other words he is rolling in $$$$

attachicon.gifZSSRU.JPG

You were spot on:

Aviation:

The Group owns and operates a fleet of aircraft for private and charter use, and employs an in-house crew of 10 people. The Aviation Department contracts services from Execujet for aircraft management and maintenance with oversight from Josie van Niekerk (Head of Aviation) and Dean Smith (Chief Pilot).

The fleet consists of:

• Bombardier Challenger 850 – ZS-ZOR
  • Bombardier Challenger 601 – ZS-SGC
  • Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1 – ZS-SRU
  • Agusta 119 Koala – ZS-ZAM
  • Bell 430 – ZS-RTZ

You were spot on:

Aviation:

The Group owns and operates a fleet of aircraft for private and charter use, and employs an in-house crew of 10 people. The Aviation Department contracts services from Execujet for aircraft management and maintenance with oversight from Josie van Niekerk (Head of Aviation) and Dean Smith (Chief Pilot).

The fleet consists of:

• Bombardier Challenger 850 – ZS-ZOR
  • Bombardier Challenger 601 – ZS-SGC
  • Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1 – ZS-SRU
  • Agusta 119 Koala – ZS-ZAM
  • Bell 430 – ZS-RTZ

I'm wondering if one of our other forum members does not drive one of these around....

Not really sleuth work, I just happen to have worked a little bit on them 20 years ago....  :w00t:

They have a distinct shape which reminds me of a dolphin...

Interesting only 9, back in my days they were still new in the country and even less of them.

I think this particular one s/n 63 may have belonged to Tokyo Sexwahle at some stage or Dimension Data...

Im sure by now there are quite a few AME's with it on their license

post-58906-0-95248300-1579596278_thumb.png

Mate of mine used to fly ZS-SUW, private Premier flying out of CT. Think the owner now has a Falcon

Shame man, all these folks with money to burn

Luckily, cause they keep some of us in a job...

Shame man, all these folks with money to burn

Luckily, cause they keep some of us in a job...

In my situation, folks burning money may cause me to loose my job :unsure:

In my situation, folks burning money may cause me to loose my job :unsure:

Jokes aside, due to lack of folks with money....my contract was recently terminated, as of 01 May I’m unemployed if I don’t find something else

Edited by SwissVan

Jokes aside, due to lack of folks with money....my contract was recently terminated, as of 01 May I’m unemployed if I don’t find something else

Sorry to hear.  Hope you find something.  Maybe you should start working with trains. Germany going to spend bucket loads of money on trains in the future cause their system is poor compared to the Swiss ;)

Holding thumbs. Someone with your experience should find something. Lets hope it is close to home.