For the aviation fans

Lotus

Heres one with a good perspective, watch the TO

Keep in mind the height above sea level is flipping high  

I often work in the Port St Johns area and the airfield right on top of Mt Thesiger always amazes me. Must also be a bit of a tricky approach?

post-36036-0-13874800-1581673638_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On our wat to Durban with Mango. Pilot didn't take off as there is a warning light for one of the doors.

LWB please come and have a look please. We are parked waiting for an engineer to come and have a look

Just reboot the door and warning system.

If that doesn’t work, pull the Circuit breaker

????‍✈️

On our wat to Durban with Mango. Pilot didn't take off as there is a warning light for one of the doors.

LWB please come and have a look please. We are parked waiting for an engineer to come and have a look

I suggest that if that aircraft does take off that you remain seated for the whole flight and tighten that seatbelt properly and pay special attention during the emergency demo to the parts where they talk about decompression of the cabin.  Oh and not sure who the "our" is you refer to but if it is your wife make sure she takes off her earrings.  Heard the force of the decompression could rip earings of ears. ;)

I suggest that if that aircraft does take off that you remain seated for the whole flight and tighten that seatbelt properly and pay special attention during the emergency demo to the parts where they talk about decompression of the cabin.  Oh and not sure who the "our" is you refer to but if it is your wife make sure she takes off her earrings.  Heard the force of the decompression could rip earings of ears. ;)

Remind me never to sit next to you on a flight :D

Any idea which door it was? Had you left the parking bay already and started to taxi off?

I unfortunately no longer work on the line, but +6 years ago before getting married I would have been the engineer they called(or someone from my crew). 

Any idea which door it was? Had you left the parking bay already and started to taxi off?

I unfortunately no longer work on the line, but +6 years ago before getting married I would have been the engineer they called(or someone from my crew).

We were picking up speed to take off when they suddenly reduced power and stopped.

Had to taxi back then.

After they found someone to drive the steps closer an engineer came onboard and checked one of the overwing doors.

We had to then mission to another aircraft.

Eventually took off at 8h30

A gazillion years ago a mate of mine took his young nephew for a spin of the Cape Peninsula in a little Cessna (think it was, don't recall which one anymore). It used to belong to the UCT Flying Club (does that still exist?)I went along just for the fun of it!  Anyway, as we took off from DF Malan (remember that old name) one of the doors opened (just one latch) so it made a  whooshing wind noise. No problem, turned around, landed, closed it securely and took off again. Went to a lot of trouble to show the youngster all the sights. Cape Point, SANDY BAY up close, and so on. Even flew across the front of Table Mountain (don't suppose that is going to happen nowadays). That evening when we dropped him off with his mother, she asked how it was and what he liked the best: THE DOOR THAT FLEW OPEN is what the little bugger said! We got a bit of a sharp look from her as we said good bye and fled!

Edited by DJR

Give that pilot a Bells...or two

If I were the pilot, I'd have the hostile bring me the Bells as the doors open, and rather settle for someone picking up my laundry bill....