For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zunaid Moti, That guy is LOADED but like seriously loaded. He's the guy that drives around Sandton in his 1 of 1 bugatti veyron with 4 AMG's following him. He has one of the most exclusive car collections in the world. Between him and Selwyn Chatz they own most of the seriously rare cars in this country.

Thanks

According to Wiki.... the SAAF did receive 5 of the Israeli Nesher versions which were converted to the Cheetah D’s (2 seater)

There's a fascinating book about how the Israelis ripped off the Mirage designs from a drafting office in Switzerland and smuggled the 1000s of drawings out of the country in a van.

There's a fascinating book about how the Israelis ripped off the Mirage designs from a drafting office in Switzerland and smuggled the 1000s of drawings out of the country in a van.

They were (are?) a famous lot for taking someone elses good idea and improving on it to make it really great. They did that with quite a lot of military hardware.

That Moti character has some big bucks, drives some very exotic machinery around.

Mmmm, also not without questions of where his money comes from...

Here's that photo I promised.

attachicon.gifMirage.png

The building (Hangar) where i work now used to be a Swiss airforce Mirage maintenance facility, we have this picture on the wall in the coffee room showing the hangar full of mirages...nowadays its mostly business jets as part of the Pilatus pc24 service centre

post-182-0-13896400-1613680997_thumb.jpg

There is even a Mirage "Verein" society on the airfield who still have one tucked away in one of the buildings on the airport, here's a video of the last time they took it out for a taxi around the block...literally

Some of them used to park in hangars built into the mountains

attachicon.gifswissmirage.JPG

Photo from:

Bildagentur DIETZ.ch: Mirage IIIS der Schweizer Luftwaffe (dietz-photography.blogspot.com)

And this is why we practice the game of musical chairs when young. The second plane has arrived too late and now can't fit into the hardened shelter as his buddy got in before him ! Sorry for you serial number J-2331, it's been nice knowing you  :lol: