For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had day 2 of Systems Integration in the sim yesterday. Just consolidating the ground school subjects with some fixed base simulator work. We had an extra 30 minutes assigned for some reason so we “flew “ a take off and return for the ILS on 06R at Montreal. Bit odd with no motion or sound but still great to operate the side stick for the first time and see these amazing screens at work. This is the PFD which under normal circumstances is always displayed on the left half of the Multi Function Window number one. (DU1). Well for the left seat anyway. Right side of MFW 3 (DU 3) for the right seat.

This is all I have for now.!post-52292-0-46340200-1613881081_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-48845700-1613881100_thumb.jpeg

There is even a Mirage "Verein" society on the airfield who still have one tucked away in one of the buildings on the airport, here's a video of the last time they took it out for a taxi around the block...literally

That exercise probably burnt best part of 100 Gallons of kerosene...

It would have been butt-clenching for the person who filmed this:

https://youtu.be/sBxe4cQzUIY

I wonder how I would have reacted as a pax sitting in that seat. The knowledge that the machine is behaving as it should given the circumstances of the engine failure and the containment of the damage with what appears to be just the cowlings missing, should inspire confidence.(Aware that peeps on ground could have been hurt, seems no one was luckily). Seeing the flames not flaring back to the wing, wow, one should just chill and wait for the landing, having the phone camera ready for the fire trucks arrival!

But eeisshhhhh, it is burning.... man, that’s why it is best to fly them. You don't see that from the flight deck!

Edited....spelling.

Edited by Spokey

I wonder how I would have reacted as a pax sitting in that seat. The knowledge that the machine is behaving as it should given the circumstances of the engine failure and the containment of the damage with what appears to be just the cowlings missing, should inspire confidence.(Aware that peeps on ground could have been hurt, seems no one was luckily). Seeing the flames not flaring back to the wing, wow, one should just chill and wait for the landing, having the phone camera ready for the fire trucks arrival!

But eeisshhhhh, it is burning.... man, that’s why it is best to fly them. You don't see that from the flight deck!

Edited....spelling.

He he I bet things on the flight deck were quite er, active  :ph34r:

:whistling:

Ai Ai Ai, that shirt needs to shortened, just cut the Hercules off and wear it like that...............

But TBH even that 150 doesn't look correct. The 150 has a much flatter(more upright) windscreen and the rear window doesn't slope as much as that. So even better, cut the 150 off as well and just leave the 172 which looks correct. 

:whistling:

Ai Ai Ai, that shirt needs to shortened, just cut the Hercules off and wear it like that...............

But TBH even that 150 doesn't look correct. The 150 has a much flatter(more upright) windscreen and the rear window doesn't slope as much as that. So even better, cut the 150 off as well and just leave the 172 which looks correct. 

So I assume someone was just being funny because I did a google search of that photo. Here is the original.

post-58906-0-81561400-1613982477_thumb.png

https://dftees.com/sriracha-hot-chili-sauce-red-mens-t-shirt/

So I assume someone was just being funny because I did a google search of that photo. Here is the original.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

https://dftees.com/sriracha-hot-chili-sauce-red-mens-t-shirt/

I'm guessing that the joke is that people who don't know, think every prop plane is a Cessna? 

When my youngest lad was small every helicopter was "a Lynx"...  (apart from a Chinook, which was different enough for him to notice)

Had day 2 of Systems Integration in the sim yesterday. Just consolidating the ground school subjects with some fixed base simulator work. We had an extra 30 minutes assigned for some reason so we “flew “ a take off and return for the ILS on 06R at Montreal. Bit odd with no motion or sound but still great to operate the side stick for the first time and see these amazing screens at work. This is the PFD which under normal circumstances is always displayed on the left half of the Multi Function Window number one. (DU1). Well for the left seat anyway. Right side of MFW 3 (DU 3) for the right seat.

This is all I have for now.!attachicon.gif8B6D6E08-25B0-40FF-9B38-376DCC90476B.jpegattachicon.gifF1C4D73A-CBE2-4DFE-BD8B-E74D7C9F354F.jpeg

Landing a bit to the right of the centerline... :whistling: