For the aviation fans

Lotus

On 7/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, Matthew du preez said:

that technology is already incredibley advanced.... autopilot in some of the most modern planes is incredible.... along with self driving cars that are now permitted in the States already

Tesla autopilot already has 10 times fewer accidents per million km than human drivers.  Once their Full self driving software is 100 times safer than human drivers  we will see human driven vehicles  being outlawed on the roads. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Matthew du preez said:

i just successfully maidened my first RC plane...

it was absolutely awesome

Your maiden flight went better than this guy's 747 maiden flights

2 hours ago, Bateleur1 said:

the wing started to flex on his first flyby.... strange he didn't stop and take it down..... maybe he didn't spot the wing flexing

13 minutes ago, DJR said:

Almost ended up with lamb stew????

no lamb stuck on the end of a piece of wood... lamb spit... with those jet engines there may have been some flames as well 

One of the oldest B737-200 still flying suffered engine trouble after departure from Honolulu over the weekend and ended up ditching offshore in the early hours of the morning. Well done to the Coast Guard for managing to recover both pilots right before the plane completely submerged as they were clinging to life at that point. Ditching a plane in the ocean is bad enough. Doing it at night is a miracle that the pilots survived.

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

One of the oldest B737-200 still flying suffered engine trouble after departure from Honolulu over the weekend and ended up ditching offshore in the early hours of the morning. Well done to the Coast Guard for managing to recover both pilots right before the plane completely submerged as they were clinging to life at that point. Ditching a plane in the ocean is bad enough. Doing it at night is a miracle that the pilots survived.

2 engine failures.... sounds like someone made an Oopsie 

According to the video there was "a ton of jet fuel in the water"

I watched this on the weekend and it sounds like they had engine trouble right after lift-off and then requested permission to return with routing to first sort some issues to prepare for landing and then requested immediate routing back and after a short while they requested USCG readiness and to divert to a closer airfield before disappearing from radar.

On 7/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, Lotus said:

I've been enjoying Mike Patey's channel for a while now, and this latest episode shows that he's on a different level of aviation enthusiast.

It's starting to look like Scrappy will be a game changer.

But he has drifted ever so slightly from his original an to build a plane out of scrap parts....

On 7/5/2021 at 8:22 AM, Bateleur1 said:

It wasn't the first and won't be the last time a highspeed, low level fly-by to impress the crowd ended up in disaster 

3 hours ago, eddy said:

But he has drifted ever so slightly from his original an to build a plane out of scrap parts....

"Ever so slightly" - nice bit of understatement there!

Not sure when Unobtanium became "scrap parts".

Well.. Seems like Ive been making some rookie mistakes????, I was glide testing my 1.7m rc motor glider.... When it nosed into a tree and then into the ground.., lipo battery shot forward in the plane and bumped against the screws holding the motor to the fuselage.... Now I have a dead lipo.... Gnnnnnnnnn.,. Seems like I'm ordering a new one and then wrapping it in ducktape and foam ...... To protect it????????......

Now to dig up the cash for a new battery????????

12 hours ago, Spokey said:

Arrived Biggin Hill on the Mud Patch a few days ago. Routine maintenance, nice to be here after recently reading the Sailor Malan story from WWII.65B721DB-3CC4-4E1A-AC51-48E4134BE230.jpeg.6f74deb8f0d2f1d65d2f3a5782a84d25.jpegCC757883-6CC0-41A6-BC36-91067F581A74.jpeg.31fc5a414cf1b2f226481e2216a9a761.jpeg71F0CC11-82F7-4E17-AA84-6756F3D9834D.jpeg.f54dac7f437ac652e86b21b258d10deb.jpegE4CD32FE-EF1A-41CB-A56B-EB034B995D13.jpeg.14bfcf753cd6fd4b84cfcc91da11e489.jpeg

Is that a genuine airworthy WWII spitty????

I had no idea there were any in SA

Edited by Matthew du preez

2 minutes ago, Matthew du preez said:

Is that a genuine airworthy WWII spotty????

I had no idea there were any in SA

Well the photo was not taken in SA.  That is in England.