For the aviation fans

Lotus

32 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Ja nee, not for the shakey handed pilots

Balls of steel and ice in the veins

And that's the yell one lets out when you didn't die, but expected to I suppose...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bonus said:

Well we could talk about SAA getting back in the air . . . 

I really do wish them and technical all the best of luck and I really do hope for the sakes of my ex colleagues and friends that all the issues are in the past but I really am glad I got out. 

13 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I really do wish them and technical all the best of luck and I really do hope for the sakes of my ex colleagues and friends that all the issues are in the past but I really am glad I got out. 

speaking of you ex employer. There is an old toppie that works there who cycles in everyday. Has a bald top of head but long grey hair on the bottom half of his head.

I saw him the other day for the first time in a while, recognised him but at first could not place him, then I saw him again the next day and it clicked that he worked at SAAT and had helped us get cars into the SAA atrium when I was at Hyundai. We had to take the cars in through technical side and then they used a massive forklift to lift them onto the platform into the atrium.

6 hours ago, ouzo said:

speaking of you ex employer. There is an old toppie that works there who cycles in everyday. Has a bald top of head but long grey hair on the bottom half of his head.

I saw him the other day for the first time in a while, recognised him but at first could not place him, then I saw him again the next day and it clicked that he worked at SAAT and had helped us get cars into the SAA atrium when I was at Hyundai. We had to take the cars in through technical side and then they used a massive forklift to lift them onto the platform into the atrium.

Johann, doesn't own a helmut and wears those tiny shorts and ankle socks. Used to have an old vitus but it got removed from him a few years back near that open field just down from nissan/ford/renault along with a stick to his head, shame he had stitches and everything. There is a driving school there as well. Now he has a titan 29er.  Take a wild guess how old he is? and then add on a good few years. Then go and try pick up something heavy, struggle and go ask him. He works for our facilities department, they all contractors, that's how he is still able to be working. He works harder than just about anyone still there and my word he's like an energizer bunny.

I love low level flybys.... when I was in the UK I used to go to the Eastbourne Airshow every year. It was held on the beachfront and planes displayed over the sea. Most of the jets would come in fast from the west - below the level of the cliffs. If you weren't ready, they'd be past you before you'd hear them.

23 hours ago, Bonus said:

I love low level flybys.... when I was in the UK I used to go to the Eastbourne Airshow every year. It was held on the beachfront and planes displayed over the sea. Most of the jets would come in fast from the west - below the level of the cliffs. If you weren't ready, they'd be past you before you'd hear them.

I used to live in the Lake District, and the RAF came through all the time - low and fast twisting and turning between the land, following the water.  Sometimes solo, sometimes in a pair.  It was always great to watch them shoot off into the distance.  

On 9/30/2021 at 9:42 AM, ouzo said:

I happened by chance to be standing outside and witnessed the flyby yesterday. Came in low towards ORT at a heck of a speed. 
it then circled around and came in nose up and gear down. E7A5F34B-F47E-4A76-961B-18EDB28F41C1.png.db14bc6fad6813a143543994131157cc.png

I wonder who earned a commission on the sale?

On 10/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, dirtypot said:

I used to live in the Lake District, and the RAF came through all the time - low and fast twisting and turning between the land, following the water.  Sometimes solo, sometimes in a pair.  It was always great to watch them shoot off into the distance.  

I've always wanted to spend a day up on the hill watching them. One day . . . . :-) 

• 2 weeks later...