For the aviation fans

Lotus

32 minutes ago, Bonus said:

And another of Concorde arriving in JNB

Remember the concorde visits to Jan Smuts... i was in primary school nearby (Bonaeropark primary) 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Found this series on Avcom, might be of interest to some.

Have not had a chance to watch them all yet

Yeah, really enjoyed this, looking forward to Part 2.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Spokey said:

Yeah, really enjoyed this, looking forward to Part 2.

Ja, I also watched episode one. It was quite fascinated at his telling of his shooting down of the Mig-21. And then years later he met the Cuban pilot who told him he dropped his tanks and had not fired a missile at him, but Cobus saw the "pole" coming at him and fired of a Matra in defence. 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, SwissVan said:

Found this series on Avcom, might be of interest to some.

Have not had a chance to watch them all yet

This is worth the time. The Mirage F1 was such a graceful bird. Much better looking than the Gripen in my humble estimation.

22 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This is worth the time. The Mirage F1 was such a graceful bird. Much better looking than the Gripen in my humble estimation.

Personally i think the mirage III delta wing aircraft are sexiest of the lot

On 10/15/2021 at 5:29 PM, Bateleur1 said:

I see Alitalia also went belly up.  Last flight was last night or the night before.

now called ITA

8 hours ago, johnson said:

We flew down to Cape Town last week with Kulula. On both flights the pilots and cabin crew was really friendly and helpful.

It was my daughters first time flying and they even let me take some pictures in the cockpit.      

pilot1.jpeg

Cool experience. But looking at the seat covers, was there a pair of dice hanging above the windscreen windows ?

7 hours ago, patham said:

Cool experience. But looking at the seat covers, was there a pair of dice hanging above the windscreen windows ?

:D luckily not but the seat covers do look a little dodgy. We flew both fights with the same plane. I Checked out the planes history while waiting at OR Tambo. Its a Boeing 737-800 registration number ZS-ZWE. Its first flight was in 2015.

1 hour ago, johnson said:

:D luckily not but the seat covers do look a little dodgy. We flew both fights with the same plane. I Checked out the planes history while waiting at OR Tambo. Its a Boeing 737-800 registration number ZS-ZWE. Its first flight was in 2015.

Kulula purchased a couple of new B737-800NG to replace their ageing fleet of older 737-400.