24        93.5       91.8    116/80 @ 69   30min @ 144bpm Cardio and Weight

There, fixed it for you, I think!

Dropping 2.3kg in two days?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Easter egg displays are going up in the shops. That is one of weaknesses. Can get through a box of those marshmallow eggs in an evening. Testing times ahead.

There, fixed it for you, I think!

Dropping 2.3kg in two days?

Thanks,

Yeah, that weight drop was excessive. I assume it had a lot to do with fluid loss. I did a 75min cardio session on the WB at a constant power on that first day.

Also, I shouldn't actually consider the 94.1 as my initial weight as it was not taken first thing in the morning.

So in essence I started at 92.7. 

The last time I did weight loss, I dropped around 3kgs a week. It wasn't the plan, it just happened. I know I have to slow it down this time around so I did not lose any weigh yesterday.

That is why I have the target weight noted down. Just to try and stick to a safe weight loss plan.

Have been away for work for the last three days. At the airport heading home now. Great interval session Tuesday, nothing yesterday training wise, but was out for dinner last night at a Fawlty Towers evening and had a fair amount of red wine and whisky (trying to choose lower calorie drinks). Punished myself with a strength session early this morning followed by a short treadmill run. Not sure how the scale will look tomorrow morning, but seem to be taking two steps forward, one step back this month.

Not sure what is going on with me. Pocked up like 2,5kg and we have been rating better and I have been eating smaller portions... Not sure if not smoking has something to do with it but I am not snacking...

Yesterday was a proper sin day. Had a coke and chocolate during the day and also drank a few beers with brother in law last night.

Weight is however down to 97.9 this morning.

Slowly but hopefully surely it is going down.

I saw the Easter egg displays are going up in the shops. That is one of weaknesses. Can get through a box of those marshmallow eggs in an evening. Testing times ahead.

I dont have a sweet tooth but oh man the hot cross buns are a real temptation

I dont have a sweet tooth but oh man the hot cross buns are a real temptation

Problem is, I like the hot cross buns as well as the Easter eggs.

Edited by Joshua1

Joining this time, hopefully keep me motivated to stop snacking.

Target to get to 85kg , was 93 begining Jan, currentley at ~88, always quick to get down to ~89, not been able to get less than that  in last 4 years.  

also had a bad day yesterday food wise. big bowl of pasta for lunch and 2 slices of pizza for dinner.

Didnt get on the scale this morning, will wait till Friday.

also had a bad day yesterday food wise. big bowl of pasta for lunch and 2 slices of pizza for dinner.

Didnt get on the scale this morning, will wait till Friday.

I suppose it depends on what diet/eating regime you are following. Seems like it is quite diverse among the ppl on this thread.

Personally I am on Keto. Eating a pasta is likely not such a big issue if you have not too big amount and you have a good ride after that to burn it off. But properly burning off a bowl of pasta is gonna require lots of effort...

I suppose it depends on what diet/eating regime you are following. Seems like it is quite diverse among the ppl on this thread.

Personally I am on Keto. Eating a pasta is likely not such a big issue if you have not too big amount and you have a good ride after that to burn it off. But properly burning off a bowl of pasta is gonna require lots of effort...

well I rode for 2 hours yesterday morning in a fasted state, and only had my first meal at 2pm which was the pasta... so maybe it wasnt soo bad after all ? lol.

I must say I had one of my better weekends so far. Spent just under 13 hours on the bike since Friday evening, 140km and 3500m climbing on 90% single tracks, so I worked my butt off in the saddle! And no big cheat meals. Usually I'll eat everything in sight after rides like this weekend. But I just had a braaibroodjie on Saturday which I would normally skip when Calorie Counting, and a bowl of popcorn yesterday. Hoping to clock in under 93kg on Friday from 97.5kg at the start of the year.

The scale is moving in the right direction, i started cycling during Dec and did some 20km trips ( i know its not far but i am getting back on the bike after some health issues) Did the trips fairly comfortable  and when i got home i started with Trainer Road doing the Base Phase. Last week i upped the % from 100 to 120% and Saturday when i went outside i was just FLAT!!!! Could it just be the combination of losing some weight and increasing the work load, or what ? I have a dedicated spinning bike on my IDT ( i think the settings is not 100% what my MTB is)  can this cause some issues ?

The scale is moving in the right direction, i started cycling during Dec and did some 20km trips ( i know its not far but i am getting back on the bike after some health issues) Did the trips fairly comfortable  and when i got home i started with Trainer Road doing the Base Phase. Last week i upped the % from 100 to 120% and Saturday when i went outside i was just FLAT!!!! Could it just be the combination of losing some weight and increasing the work load, or what ? I have a dedicated spinning bike on my IDT ( i think the settings is not 100% what my MTB is)  can this cause some issues ?

too high intensity and just not enough time to recover ?

Also all depends what you eating, if your quality of food is good then you should recover well.

But there's also many other factors that contribute. Sleep quality, stress etc etc.

Bike fit will also do that, so just try to get both bikes set up as close as possible.

Take a rest day or 2, just do very light spinning on the IDT or an easy walk and see how you go from there.