Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Dear Odinson has a dogma thing about eating  LCHF and meat, but for me the lifestyle  has many benefits.

I no longer need to lose weight having achieved my target weight about 10 months ago and have remained at a stable weight since

I  try to stay on a Keto lifestyle just for the incredible feeling of wellbeing and the energy I get from it.  I enjoy never being hungry, eating fewer meals without the need to snack at all.

And being fat adapted my endurance cycling is flying. On a recent 90 km team high effort training ride I had no breakfast before the ride and when the others dug into energy bars at the halfway  turn I drank water, but on the hills we had in the last 10km I was first over the tops of them even though my training companions were all 10-35 years younger than me. 

The total elimination of sore muscles and cramping after heavy rides or races is another big plus for being fat adapted.

I cannot think of any downsides to remaining on a Keto or a carnivore diet.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been eating carnivore for 8 months and keto for 2.5 yrs prior to going carnivore. I have never felt better in my entire life. Energy levels are consistent (lots of it) and my mental clarity is better than it ever was.

I'm a software engineer, spending 10-12 hrs minimum per day staring at a laptop screen. To be able to concentrate for long periods and not getting tired is a huge bonus.

Oh, and I've stopped wearing my reading/computer glasses about 6 months ago. Previously, I could hardly read the text on my 17" laptop and had trouble focusing my eyes. Now I spend all day coding/reading without the use of my glasses. I am not a doctor or optometrist, but I know my eyesight has improved. 

I am able to get on my bike and do a 100km + ride without eating breakfast or taking any supplements like energy bars/drinks (only the water in my Camelbak). As The Guy in Pink said, no sore muscles and/or cramping after such rides is a bonus. Life is simple and good this way.

Oh, and I've stopped wearing my reading/computer glasses about 6 months ago. Previously, I could hardly read the text on my 17" laptop and had trouble focusing my eyes. Now I spend all day coding/reading without the use of my glasses. I am not a doctor or optometrist, but I know my eyesight has improved. 

I did not connect improvement in eyesight with the diet. In November I renewed my drivers licence and passed the eye test without glasses. I had a letter from my optometrist with me as usual but for the first time in 30 years I did not need to present it. 

I can also testify about the reading glasses. At 55 I started wearing glasses for reading. I used them for about a year. Weight was 106kg and I had a coke and chocolate just about every day.

At 56 I drastically cut back on sugar and middle of 2016 I started training again. At the time I misplaced my glasses and realized I could see again.

I am 59 now and I dont use glasses at all. My phone font is on the second smallest and I read it easily. I struggle a bit in low light however to read.

During all of these years my blood pressure and blood sugar were normal. Only had a bit of colestorol.

I believe it was the sugar all along.

Dear Odinson has a dogma thing about eating  LCHF and meat, but for me the lifestyle  has many benefits.

I no longer need to lose weight having achieved my target weight about 10 months ago and have remained at a stable weight since

I  try to stay on a Keto lifestyle just for the incredible feeling of wellbeing and the energy I get from it.  I enjoy never being hungry, eating fewer meals without the need to snack at all.

And being fat adapted my endurance cycling is flying. On a recent 90 km team high effort training ride I had no breakfast before the ride and when the others dug into energy bars at the halfway  turn I drank water, but on the hills we had in the last 10km I was first over the tops of them even though my training companions were all 10-35 years younger than me. 

The total elimination of sore muscles and cramping after heavy rides or races is another big plus for being fat adapted.

I cannot think of any downsides to remaining on a Keto or a carnivore diet.

I've been eating carnivore for 8 months and keto for 2.5 yrs prior to going carnivore. I have never felt better in my entire life. Energy levels are consistent (lots of it) and my mental clarity is better than it ever was.

I'm a software engineer, spending 10-12 hrs minimum per day staring at a laptop screen. To be able to concentrate for long periods and not getting tired is a huge bonus.

I am able to get on my bike and do a 100km + ride without eating breakfast or taking any supplements like energy bars/drinks (only the water in my Camelbak). As The Guy in Pink said, no sore muscles and/or cramping after such rides is a bonus. Life is simple and good this way.

:thumbup:

50717556_2136225753121841_83907956330022

Well well. Weight this morning 95.3. I must admit that I had a running stomach for a few days this week which probably helped as I ate nothing for 2 days. I also did not train the whole week due to not feeling well.

I still take it however. So I am very close to 95kg which is one of my mini goals on the way to 80 kg.

Edited by Johan_Kleynhans

I've been eating less sugar and the initial cravings and withdrawals are tough, but I'm finding that the hunger pangs and cravings are getting easier to manage. Eating sugar and lots of carbs just creates cravings for more of those.

Edited by Jacquers

Well well. Weight this morning 95.3. I must admit that I had a running stomach for a few days this week which probably helped as I ate nothing for 2 days. I also did not train the whole week due to not feeling well.

I still take it however. So I am very close to 95kg which is one of my mini goals on the way to 80 kg.

One of my 'best' weight losses was with food poisoning. Beware that it's probably a lot of water weight and maybe not a lot of fat loss.

It is time for me to sign up.

93 kg (jeez it hurts typing that) need to be closer to 85, but will settle for 88 kg. Getting to 85 will involve to many give ups.

So here we go. Starting with no more sugars (biscuits and croissants and those little choc oat brownies with the cappuccino's)

Great couple of weeks. Overdid it a bit yesterday, so weight up this morning. Presume that’s only temporary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great couple of weeks. Overdid it a bit yesterday, so weight up this morning. Presume that’s only temporary

Just take a lekker big poo

Doing my best

While you are typing this?[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Our office is having a weight loss challenge for March, complete with prize money and vouchers. It's based on % lost, not kg, but there are some heavy guys, so I'm not sure I have a chance, but it's good motivation :)