Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

@iain, what is it about eating the same thing every day that you don't agree with, and what is it that she's eating?

green tree looking thing ...with some bright orange stuff on the side and a piece of chicken...and that is it ...9 weeks in ...sorry mate but i couldnt do it...throw in 2 slices of toast with peanut butter maybe... unless she is cheating at work.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I ride and the better I eat the heavier I become.

For the first time in my life I cannot shift the weight although I am easily fitting into my  "lean" clothes.

The more I ride and the better I eat the heavier I become.

For the first time in my life I cannot shift the weight although I am easily fitting into my  "lean" clothes.

Muscle is denser than fat, sounds like you might have added that!

Eish, ek het die appelkar omgegooi! Got on the scale this morning, the three weeks of binge eating this holidays got my back to 97.5kg from 93.5kg!! Still a total net loss of 27.6kg since June 2017. Still 10.5kg down from the start of October 2018 when I started calorie counting. Today I'm getting back on the calorie counting horse and daily training!

2018 was a good year for me, I reached my weight goal, my 5000km cycling goal, and my 85 000m elevation gain goal.

My goals for 2019:

6000km cycling

100 000m elevation gain

500km running

Target weight = 80kg.

Mini Targets:

90kg by 09 March (My sister's wedding)

85kg by 22 September (Karoo 2 Coast)

80kg by 13 December (Start of holidays)

So K2C weekend is here! Really wanted to be sub 85kg for the race but not going to call this a fail, rather just a near miss..

post-119556-0-72025900-1568962750_thumb.jpeg

Edited by JohanDiv

green tree looking thing ...with some bright orange stuff on the side and a piece of chicken...and that is it ...9 weeks in ...sorry mate but i couldnt do it...throw in 2 slices of toast with peanut butter maybe... unless she is cheating at work.

There are a hundred different ways to drop the weight... one day maybe you will want it enough. Maybe not.

It's all up to you, nobody else can make the change for you

• 2 weeks later...

I travelled all of September, about 3 weeks of holidays, and 2 weeks of travel for work. I apparently didn't hold back when it came to eating all the food though, including the week before I left, which involved a lot of eating out to catch up with friends before my trip.

Result: 3.5kg up today... which is a bit frustrating, but also just a nudge to get back into good habits. Eating well. Exercising. Getting enough sleep.

My gym is having their "8 to Great" challenge, which I missed the start of while I was overseas, but I am joining them for the last 6 weeks. One of their key components is the 800g challenge, which essentially means getting 800g of fruit and veg in per day. Which is a lot. I need to go shopping today...

at a stage i was just happy to be holding my weight...but instead as we all know muscle is heavier than fat ...and boy can i see the change in my body...clearly the muscle density is weening off and turning to fat ... the worse part everything is starting to hang...feel tired all the time...no motivation to do any thing.

Edited by eccc whippet

i'll weigh on monday... Guessing around 85

but had a terrible time lastweek. Was down with the flu, ate anything in my path... Junk food galore, donuts, chocolate, burgers...

after 3 days I just felt totally sick of it and switched back to what my body enjoys.

Down 4kg's in September, really pleased. Stayed off the beers since mid August, decided to do sober October now as well to keep the momentum. World Cup Rugby in the mornings is a plus as I have coffee, biltong and scrambled eggs at half time instead of beer, chips and braaivleis.  Had a braai for the NZ game, but managed to stick to lime and soda and coffee which helped to stay off the chips and ***. 

Having busy weekend afternoons also helps control temptation to have a beer in the morning whilst WRC matches are on.

Edited by BigDL