[Event] All Mountain Enduro - Wellington (Cancelled)

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: All Mountain Enduro - Wellington (Cancelled)
When: 19 May 2019
Where: Val du Charron, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO

Sunday, 19 May 2019

The final Enduro for the year will be at the beautiful venue Val du Charron in Wellington. Stage information will be released at a later stage, looking at 4 or 5 stages for the day. E bikes are welcome to join, remember there needs to be more than 10 E bikes to qualify for podium.

You will pass the waterpoint multiple times stocked with water, Powerade, Coke, jellies, fruit, Redbull. Return your number board to us afterwards and we will give you a free beer (or Powerade / Redbull). Piza e vino will be ready with your morning coffee and now serve breakfast too and that delicious pizza for afterwards. The setting for this venue is spectacular.

At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections with singletrack downhills the timed stages. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.

Venue: Val du Charron, Wellington

Start time: 09h00 & registration opens at 08h00

8]
Timing:
Have to own an Amarider Trail Tag. R100 or take a yearly Amarider membership of R225 and a Tag is included! Watch out for the TAG POINTS at the beginning & end of each stage.

8]Timing will be managed in real-time with @trailtag and riders will check in and out of the Special stages. This means that riders will enter special stages 1 by 1, so no bunfight to get trail position on the singletrack.

Pre-entry cost: R400 for non-members and R375 for Amarider members for one day. Please note that ONLY pre-entries will be accepted! Includes permit & refreshment station. Kids under 18 pay R230 only for pre-entrants!

General: Product prizes from Leatt, Giant & Falke. Medals to all finishers who want one and this year a little something different. Wine to be won from Val du Charron too.

Join the DIRTOPIA ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO group on Facebook to stay updated on all events and info.

MORE ABOUT ENDUROS:

The first event was held at Dirtopia MTB Festival, Greyton in December’12

8]
Enduro Riding:
Have you done an Enduro event? Then you know what it is about! If not, then here is a summary: riders get timed only on certain sections, which make a very social event, especially at the refreshment station where they re-group. The atmosphere is relaxed with no rush anywhere, except when you gun it between check points!

8]
Total distance of riding not so relevant as riders ride to special stages in their own time and the timed stages are more like downhill racing, although all type of riders can attempt it. Protective gear recommended.

Support

Waterpoint with fruit, Red Bull, nuts & jellies etc will be placed at a strategic point (Pepper Tree) to assist with rider support. The beauty of the format is that you can relax a bit at this station and catch your breath before tagging into the next Special Stage.

The concept

Based on the successful Mavic Trans Provence concept the idea is to bring riding and the results linked to it back to mountain biking and away from the current endurance-only formats. That said, it is not the idea to make the race highly technical as per downhill racing, but simply to focus the competition on the trails component of the sport. And yes, perhaps your skinny tire 29’er carbon hardtail is perhaps not the best choice of bike, although the course will certainly be rideable on it!

At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections with singletrack downhills the timed stages. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.

For further information contact Dirtopia on 021 884 4752 or email: entries@dirtpass.co.za and visit our website: www.dirtopia.co.za

Go to Event Page

hubevents-17845-0-81248700-1546769708_thumb.jpg

I'm interested in doing at least one enduro event in 2019, the "all mountain" part is the only thing that bothers me, would you say this would be doable on a 100mm XC hardtail?

Yes very doable. All the Dirtopia Enduros are, it's the EWS Jonkershoek, Klipberg and EzelEnduro that you'd probably want a little more travel.

But 100mm even with no dropper should be ok, not as fun as it can be but you'll cope

I'm interested in doing at least one enduro event in 2019, the "all mountain" part is the only thing that bothers me, would you say this would be doable on a 100mm XC hardtail?

Definitely doable as Meezo said, but just like a 160mm Enduro bike is not the right tool for a marathon stage race, an XC hardtail is not the right tool for an Enduro. But if it's just for the experience and to see what the Enduro format is all about - defintely do not let your bike stop you from entering.

Someone last year did Klipberg (which is alot more technical and rocky than this event) on a 100mm Momsen XC bike with a long stem and narrow bars. Ollie Munick (not a normal human) did Jonkers Enduro on his Santa Cruz Blur and placed very well.

It definitely can be done...

Final dirtopia enduro in May already? :eek: Please confirm

Probably not, they'll have 1 of 2 thereafter, but also the relationship with the EWS guys so they'll try and keep things busy for the year.

We have quite a few if you think about it.

In WC

It's 3-4 Dirtopia Enduros

EWS Series

EzelEnduro (a birdie saying it might still happen this year)

Klipberg Enduro

Yes very doable. All the Dirtopia Enduros are, it's the EWS Jonkershoek, Klipberg and EzelEnduro that you'd probably want a little more travel.

But 100mm even with no dropper should be ok, not as fun as it can be but you'll cope

Definitely doable as Meezo said, but just like a 160mm Enduro bike is not the right tool for a marathon stage race, an XC hardtail is not the right tool for an Enduro. But if it's just for the experience and to see what the Enduro format is all about - defintely do not let your bike stop you from entering.

Someone last year did Klipberg (which is alot more technical and rocky than this event) on a 100mm Momsen XC bike with a long stem and narrow bars. Ollie Munick (not a normal human) did Jonkers Enduro on his Santa Cruz Blur and placed very well.

It definitely can be done...

Thanks guys, will give one of them a go then.[emoji1690]

• 4 months later...

So this Event has been canceled? That would suck. It was going to be the one I got a decent posse for and nice warmup to the EWC events. I've noticed that they have had some issues with numbers and I hope it's not that?

So this Event has been canceled? That would suck. It was going to be the one I got a decent posse for and nice warmup to the EWC events. I've noticed that they have had some issues with numbers and I hope it's not that?

.0492f116b6cfa870abd937e546d7fbf1.jpg

As good a reason to cancel an event as you might get. Already got the #pinkticket from wife, so I'm doing a "big day out" in Jonkers or something. 

Too bad - I was considering this as my first enduro, the other one was just after 2oceans.

I dont think Im up for EWC events, yet.

Too bad - I was considering this as my first enduro, the other one was just after 2oceans.

I dont think Im up for EWC events, yet.

No go do the ewc events, you'll probably find the technicality isn't excessively high, and the best way to get better, is to be just out of your comfort zone.

????

Will think about it. I dont have protective gear, either. I feel kind of exposed when my ride buddies kit up and snap chin bars in place at the top of Helderberg.

????

Will think about it. I dont have protective gear, either. I feel kind of exposed when my ride buddies kit up and snap chin bars in place at the top of Helderberg.

Accidents happen, ride within your limits and you should be fine.

It's not by any means EWS, and can get as technical as how fast you ride it.

I stand to be corrected but there are no compulsory jumps/gaps in any of the EWC it will be taped off, rocks gardens are as "technical" as they get.